1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Man, that Edge Pistol looks like something out of a horrible 80's movie

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I couldn't find any info on that micro AK on century's site. They have a micro draco listed, but's stamped, just like the regular one.
I didn't see anything milled.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I know I sound like a grumpy old man but there is too much goofy tactical stuff nowadays. Do they have to put a rail on everything? Back in my day we just tied stuff on our muskets twine.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know I sound like a grumpy old man but there is too much goofy tactical stuff nowadays. Do they have to put a rail on everything? Back in my day we just tied stuff on our muskets twine.
I'd like it better without the rail. Maybe the actual import will be different. Your time has come and gone WhiteRabbit, we ran out of black twine and went over to aluminum some time ago...:goof:

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't find any info on that micro AK on century's site. They have a micro draco listed, but's stamped, just like the regular one.
I didn't see anything milled.
Is this a US made or import as the original full size Draco. The trigger tag says 39 sporter leading me to think a domestic build. Keep it cheap and I might consider one for a range toy.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Are you talking about that rail on the micro AK?
I like to keep my guns pretty simple as well, but I don't see how you're going to tie a red dot on your weapon with twine.:goof:

I guess it's possible that it was made here. If that's the case, I won't be interested at all.
Century weapon - that's 1 strike against it.
Century AK - welp, that's strike 2 in my book.
Century AK built in the US? - "You're outta there".

Idunno, maybe it could be okay as a US build since it's a milled receiver. Less chance for fuck ups with no rivets.
If it is US made, I would be a little surprised.
One thing that really caught my attention is the fact that there is apparently NO GAS TUBE! That's pretty wild. I've never seen that in a production gun.
I think somebody at Century had the idea to make a product that mimics the micro builds you see on forums.
So assuming you get one of these and it runs great, and you get your paperwork back to SBR it...
Where do you hold onto the damned thing?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was talking about rails on most stuff. Especially the polymer 1911's and just about everything. Oh and what's with the big black plastic stocks on everything? Like I said I'm only grumbling like an old timer but I do realize folks like to have options for their firearms. And since you're mentioning the AK, I think looks a bit too silly for my taste. That hand guard bothers me. I'll take the toilet seat stock over that any day. At least that has two uses.

Back in my day a red dot was when a Redcoat was standing too far away to shoot at. :p

·
Technical Advisor
15,507 Posts
There is always nice stuff the see at Shot Show. Something for everyone from exotic night vision optics and video display aiming devices to screwball items like a milled AK pistol or an 11 pound AK with every known accessory attached. And even free beer and hot dogs at a booth or two at the end of the day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts