AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Hot off the machine, here is a new product soon to be available from Curtis at AK-Builder.com. Note that these have the original style spanner slot under the front. These are a countable US Made 922r part!
Shown in the white, these will be black oxided when offered for sale.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Very nice!

But I hope that "USA" gets stamped into it vice done with an ink stencil. Those of us who match finish the parts want USA stamped in since it's a compliance part.

I bought one of his very well made 74 style brakes made for 7.62 use. It clocked into position just right. No wriggle. Everything excellent. But blasting it to ready it for parking took the ink stencil right off.
A minor bummer. But it is nice to tell right away what the USA parts are.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Second that! Made in USA should be engraved in all compliance parts. Don't want no problems with the alphabetians. :razz: :goof:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
As long as its not leaded stock mushy crap, it will be great to have a good reproduction.

Brick

·
Registered
736 Posts
I noticed that the gas pistons they are selling are no longer RSA's-the are marked AK-Builder and look just like K-VAR's.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
As long as its not leaded stock mushy crap, it will be great to have a good reproduction.

Why not, 12L14 is what everyone else is using.....

Besides, who really uses a slant brake to bust the bands on an ammo crate?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
The last 2 I bought were from Copes and were so soft that when I went to tap them deeper to what they should have been, I couldn't hold them tight enough to keep them from spinning without distorting them.

1018 is plenty cheap and plenty strong for decent brake.

Brick

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
rbthntr64 said:
Shown in the white, these will be black oxided when offered for sale.
You might offer in-the-white too.

I'd like to blue one up for the EG clone I fantasize about.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like that slant brake. Global Trades used to make a nice slant brake with the spanner slot & a nice black oxide finish (no U.S. markings). I ordered a slant brake from Elk River when they first acquired Global Trades, but received the Tapco slant brake. The markings on the Tapco brake would be nice if they left off Tapco & made the USA letters smaller. I do not mind the US stamp as long as it is discrete. The slant brake I received from Copes about a year ago had a very rough machining marks & was cut funny on the front opening. If US marked, it should be small & deep so that blasting does not remove the stamp. The original Global slant brakes are the best US brakes I have, but since they are not marked, I keep a photo copy of the original packaging.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here they are the muzzle nuts and slant brakes back from Black oxide. Next stop Laser engraving along with the M95 gas pistons :grin:

·
Registered
736 Posts
US muzzle nuts, too?? Cool!

You didn't say anything about that.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Barrelburner said:
US muzzle nuts, too?? Cool!

You didn't say anything about that.
:wink: I have to leave something to surprise.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Don't lazer them. Somebody wants to park and paint them its gone. Use a marking machine like a Schmidt.

Brick

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Brick said:
Don't lazer them. Somebody wants to park and paint them its gone. Use a marking machine like a Schmidt.

Brick
Curtis will make that decission, but buying a dedicated machine just to mark is out of the question at the moment.

·
Registered
487 Posts
These are cool. Super-accurate copies of pistons and muzzle devices is what I want, and please ignore the "mark it with a stamp, mark it with a laser, don't mark it at all, mark it in pink, etc. You are never going to please everyone on the marking issue, be we can all be pleased to see quality parts like this available. Bye-bye to my tapko slants...and now I can have a cool muzzle nut!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts