1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Oh crap I would kill myself!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
that car looks fun.tires would get expensive after a while tho!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
WarBaby said:
There is absolutely nothing smart about those things... :puke:
I think they would make an excellent electric car platform.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Like I told the guy here who owns one ......

You will look real smart with an F150 planted in the side someday, but at least you will have the change in your pocket that you saved on gas when they finally cut you out of your covered go-cart.

:twisted:

He got a bit pissed ........... Probably because he knew it was true.

I will pay for gas and keep my big gas guzzlers, I don't want something that I could be killed in by a motorcycle hitting my door at 25 mph

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
if you have to be told that you are smart by the product you are buying...chances are good that the opposite is true.

·
Banned
698 Posts
Expensive toys. Quadruple priced for the USA market.

They make sense in ROME where they are $5500 cars and the traffic moves at 20mph.

There are way better small cars already for sale for a lot less money that get way better gas milage.

As a side note, Mercedes Benz is the owner of the company that produces the SMART car but it is NOT Mercedes that is importing the cars to the USA.

That should tell you something.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
They would make far more sense if our benevolent and all knowing overlords in washington didn't ban the import of small diesels through environmental legislation. The diesel smart is far more fuel efficient.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Did you guys actually watch that video??? :shock:

·
Registered
629 Posts
so, buy a smart, put in a very non fuel efficient engine, and then invest in iraq, got it! or get a good car...

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Yeah, I saw the video. Want to go fast? Get a bike, you wont even look like a ***! Offers just about the same amount of collision protection. :lol:

·
Registered
286 Posts
I was talking to a person that brought one in Atlanta, GA & he said there is a 18 month waiting list to buy one. He told me that they start at about $11000.00 & go as high as 20,000.00. Also, it was sold to him at a Mercedes Benz dealer, but the car was designed by the Swiss (that is what he told me). the car has a 3 cylinder motor and gets 40-45 mpg. I think it is too small of a car & it will be outdated in a few years by better technology.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
huntingwildman said:
Smart Car = Dumb Buyer :lol:
my point exactly

....Not really, besides who am I to talk. I'm 44 and driving a Toyota Yaris :shock:
you drive a pirate car!

YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRis...

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The whole point of the thread was the video (which most of you didn't watch) take it for what it is, a sleeper smart car that will smoke all these new hemi's. Do I want one, lol @ 6'5 285 pounds I don't think I could fit but it sure would be fun to do some donuts and drifting in that thing.

Frostbite said:
vz58 said:
Did you guys actually watch that video??? :shock:
I don't think they did. That vid makes me almost want one too!
Looks like fun don't it :twisted:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts