AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know how the flash hider is attached? Is it just silver soldered or is it blind pinned also?

Also would like a rough estimate on what it is worth also if possible? The 'clone' evidently has a nice collection of Arsenal guns building. I forgot I already gave him that one.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Should have two pins that are visible on the bottom of the brake. The brake shouldn't be threaded on.

The pins need to be removed, and then some guys just take a cutting wheel on a dremel and carefully cut the brake off since most are sweated on so tight they might as well have been welded, but then again, sometimes they come off fairly easily.

Excellent condition SLR-95......I'd say closer to $500-$550 or so.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the PG version. I don't have anything with the butthole type stocks. Well.....there is one MAK 90 I have, but it will be 'fixed' as soon as the required 922r parts get here. :grin:

A sincere Thank You guys for educating this old man about Commie guns. I got the Collectors Grade Book today by Ezell and will be studying alot this weekend. Wife and kids are gone to her mothers this weekend so it me and the dogs and a good book this weekend. :thumbsup:

G

·
Dieter122 said:
Templar said:
Should have two pins that are visible on the bottom of the brake. The brake shouldn't be threaded on.

The pins need to be removed, and then some guys just take a cutting wheel on a dremel and carefully cut the brake off since most are sweated on so tight they might as well have been welded, but then again, sometimes they come off fairly easily.

Excellent condition SLR-95......I'd say closer to $500-$550 or so.
I dont know, I saw a few on the EE of Arfcom that didnt move at $450 with thumbhole config...

id say $450-500 for thumbhole config SLR95.....but $640+ for PG config?
I've seen a number of them for $450.00 with the thumbhole stock also but I also know a guy that bought one in that config for $650.00.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You should be able to pick up a NIB 95 for $400-450. Here are two of mine I converted to SA M7 carbine and SA M7A1 clones:

I need to put a bayo lug on the A1 and it's finished
These are a great platform to modify, just watch your parts count.
I think I will attempt a sidefolder conversion next. :grin:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
IronBack said:
You should be able to pick up a NIB 95 for $400-450. Here are two of mine I converted to SA M7 carbine and SA M7A1 clones:

I need to put a bayo lug on the A1 and it's finished
These are a great platform to modify, just watch your parts count.
I think I will attempt a sidefolder conversion next. :grin:

The have been higher priced than that lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts