AK Rifles banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a SLR Rifleworks 4.12 mid hand guard and gas tube the other day,fit is very nice and tight ,only issue is piston bind if you tighten it firmly ,didn’t notice it until I reinstalled piston and it bound up ,so I loosened the hand guard till I got no bind ,worried it will come loose eventually with shooting and throw zero off with optic I have mounted to it. Should I just tighten before binding the piston and locktote it?

Condensed situation: Piston binding in gas block when firmly tightened with Allan wrench

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is the gas tube flange all the way in the slot?
Yes ,it fits nicely into both ends just seems to “flex” when tightened too much,I’ve removed and reinstalled a few times to make sure nothing was binding or needed to be clearances but obviously there is enough play to cause binding when tightened down ,maybe its tight enough and the blue lockTite will hold just fine,I just dont want to overtighten and bind up the piston

·
Registered
89 Posts
The SLR Rifleworks hand guards are not cheap, I would call and see if they have a gas tube with more clearance or a shim to go between the gas tube and hand guard. Also the barrel diameter is very important to the way these mount.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The SLR Rifleworks hand guards are not cheap, I would call and see if they have a gas tube with more clearance or a shim to go between the gas tube and hand guard. Also the barrel diameter is very important to the way these mount.
I just called and They are overnighting me a shim ,they have awesome customer service

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Slr Rifleworks overnighted me a variety of brass shims,ended up installing .016 shim and now perfect,no binding and I can firmly snug the allan head bolts down ,gotta say I’m impressed with the company ,got someone on the phone,they did what they said they would do and addressed my issue fast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts