AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the muzzle brake from my slr 95. I want to now install a flash hider. What would be the best way to do this? Will the adapter with set screws work? Can I thread the muzzle? Thanks!

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Brakes/flash suppressors held on with set screws generally aren't a good idea, they usually end up leaving the muzzle at a high velocity when the screws come loose.

If your front sight block has the hole for the detent plunger, all you'll need to do is thread it for 14/1mm LH and then install the plunger, and you're golden. There are A1 style flash suppressors that are made for the AK to thread onto 14/1 lh.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Thread the muzzle...unless you live in a state that prohibits "pre-ban" features.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gunsmith

thanks for the info.
A gunclub near my house has three gun matches. I want to use my Ak. I'm trying to modernize it and make it into the great tactical weapon it can be. I think I'll have no problem competing against the AR guys when I'm done.

Can you recomend a good gunsmith to thread the muzzle? This is great, I'm very glad to learn that I can have the barrel threaded!
Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
wingchun said:
I removed the muzzle brake from my slr 95. I want to now install a flash hider. What would be the best way to do this? Will the adapter with set screws work? Can I thread the muzzle? Thanks!
Chris Butler can get it done for you, as can In Range and the other reputable folks. When you get it threaded 14X1 go for the new SEI AK47/AKM Vortex. You won't be sorry. I just put one on my AK and it's a world of difference.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you guys rock

viva la Ak-47! Thanks guys! My gun is going to be a tactical work of art. I think I'll try the vortex. A friend had one on his AR, he liked it alot.
thanks a million

1 - 6 of 6 Posts