AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they say that their m4 adapter only works on stamped receivers but has anyone ever tried installing one on an slr95 with only the upper tang?

Also, is there anything else comparable to the rifle dynamic adapter? Other than vltor or the tapco stocks?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Welcome to the group!

The rear of the milled receiver is so different than the rear trunion of a fixed stock stamped receiver that you will need to do a major modification to the stock, and if you find it doesn't work you now have a useless adapter.

On the other hand, I have gotten lucky with some of the crazy modifications I have made, that when you reinstall the receiver cover, nobody can see the strange device you have bolted to the front of the stock to hold it in place.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Lol well I'm not looking to take a hacksaw to the receiver, so I guess I'll keep looking.

Any suggestions for M4 Stock adapters compatible with a milled receiver, similar to the Rifle Dynamics? I like how their design doesn't stick way out and is far more flush than say the VLTOR adapter is. I may just have to go with an Ace Skeleton or a traditional black synthetic stock.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh okay. I don't have a problem with the standard stock but the 'standard' m4 stock I just don't like the way it looks. I would put a Magpul CTR stock on it if I went with an M4 style stock.

I'll have to check out that Canis adapter.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Ahh okay. I don't have a problem with the standard stock but the 'standard' m4 stock I just don't like the way it looks. I would put a Magpul CTR stock on it if I went with an M4 style stock.

I'll have to check out that Canis adapter.
I personally dont like the stock/standard AR stock either. I replaced it with a MOE stock. cant see too much of it in the picture

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So I see that the Canis adapter is for stamped receivers only. I read on this thread (Buttstock Options for a Arsenal AK - AR15.COM) that the "CAA aluminum 6 position buffer tube" is the best option for a milled receiver.

Does anyone here have any experience with the CAA Aluminum 6 Position Buffer Tube on a milled receiver? Good or bad?

For the record, my SLR-95 doesn't have the lower tang. With that in mind, would the Canis adapter work even though it's a milled receiver, or are there still other issues preventing compatibility?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I took a file and some time and cut out a space for the tang. It's easy just time consuming.

·
Registered
55 Posts
New member here.........just figured I would contribute in case people come across this thread.....I have tried many options on my SLR-95 and the absolute BEST is the CAA aluminum 6 position tube with whatever collapsing stock you want...sturdy as hell, bolts up to the receiver perfect without any out of place linking pieces, storage inside the tube, ambi sling loops. You have to have the lower tang removed, other then that, it takes 5 min to install. Here is mine with my Mako GL-shock stock

·
Registered
11 Posts
very nice
thanks
I was looking at this option tonight. I like the looks of it just wish there was a slight angle to the area where the buffer tube connects to make the tube more straight back in the same plain instead of a a downward angle. I know it is just aesthetics than anything else. How to you like the Mako stock?

New member here.........just figured I would contribute in case people come across this thread.....I have tried many options on my SLR-95 and the absolute BEST is the CAA aluminum 6 position tube with whatever collapsing stock you want...sturdy as hell, bolts up to the receiver perfect without any out of place linking pieces, storage inside the tube, ambi sling loops. You have to have the lower tang removed, other then that, it takes 5 min to install. Here is mine with my Mako GL-shock stock

·
Registered
55 Posts
Absolutely love the Mako stock, it absorbs recoil just as it states it does. I also like the downward angle of the tube. I think it looks sexier as it matches the slant of the bottom of the receiver versus the ones that go straight back which give it an upward angle look. It also gives me a great low profile line of sight through my micro dot

1 - 16 of 16 Posts