AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the more modern designs, do you guys know of any slings that work well with AK's? I want something for carrying the rifle muzzle down in front but don't want to be overly tactical :grin:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Rob,what type of AK?Fixed stock or folding/side sling mount or bottom?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably both...I have been looking into some shoooting classes and they require a muzzle down ready sling...

Guns that I will likely want to use:

AKS-74
AMD-63
Romy with k-var fixed furniture

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
For an AK with the side mounted sling loop,I'm partial to the tan Russian sling.Adjust it out and its long enough to go around your back with the rifle in the muzzle down ready position.The clip on the forward end is a must because of the high temps your bbl will reach.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Like JOHNO said, I'd find a Russian sling. I've got one on my SLR-105A1R, it's long enough to adjust to have in any position to where's its comfortable to carry.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From a harware standpoint...what is the difference between a 3 point, single point, and a standard AK sling...Is it just the routing through the swivels?

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Now you're complicating it,the three point sling attaches at the bbl and at the buttstock or reciever depending on your AKs set up.There is a slider on the sling that opens up and moves freely.I'm not sure about the definition of a single point sling but,as stated previously,I prefer the simplicity,durability of the original Russian sling.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts