AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a couple old worn leather slings now from a WASR purchase and a Romanian G kit. Both are dark and nasty but have decent mounting/attaching furniture.

Has anybody taken one of these old slings apart and rebuilt it with either some type of fabric or a new length of leather? How'd it turn out?

TIA!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
You can get the correct style rivets at True Value. You just have to have the tools to set them. I have made a Chinese SKS sling into a regular AK sling (with snap hook) before. At the time I had the stuff laying around, was broke and needed a sling. It still hold up great. I am not sure how cost effective it would be though. If the leather is intact you can clean/treat it with saddle soap. You will be suprised how good they come around. You might also be able to trade it with somebody that is wanting to go for a battlefield pick up look.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Romy Slings

Go on www.strapworks.com and get any color 1 1/4" material you need, rework the steel and make a loop from the old leather and there you have it. :dance: :dance:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts