AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize this is a bit more of a "collector" site about AKs, but I thought maybe my fellow AK brothers could help me out with this one....

Here is exactly what I am looking for:

1. Molle compatible mag pouch that can carry both (2) AK mags or (2) AR mags. i.e. the pouch can be loaded with 2 AR mags at one time, the AR mags are removed and two AK mags inserted. Mags are stack, not side-by-side for "real estate" reasons on the rig.

2. flap cover secured by velcro, and preferaly the flap does not have side on it so I can either roll up or fold and stuff the cover behind the pouch. A snap is OK, but not fastex buckles.

3. Preferably some "cinching" method with an integral elastic band being first preferred, shock cord being also acceptable. If neither are present I can wrap the pouch in a big rubber band, but that would only be if the pouch is inexpensive...

4. Not required, but bonues points if the pouch has Molle webbing on the front so I can theoretically attach a pistol mag pouch or other small pouch on the front.

5. Double bonus points if it is made in Multicam(!).

I have searched high and low and have not really found what I am looking for- plenty of manufacturer's make AR pouches with these features, but either I can't tell if they will hold AK mags or they defeinitely won't. If you know of a current pouch that is only listed as holding AR mags but will also work with AK mags, please let me know! I suspect that is the big problem...some might work but are not listed as such. At least two pouches I am wondering about are the Tactical Tailor 3 mag AR pouch and the SDS M4 CQB pouches...both look like the flaps are plenty long, it is merely an issue of having enough width for the pair of AK mags...

Thanks!

Dawg

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
higear said:
Dawg,

If you find this pouch please tell me where. I'm looking for the same thing.

Right now the Blackhawk Strike Gen-4 Molle AK/M4 dbl mag. It doesn't meet all your or my criteria but there doesn't seem to be alot of choice in AK pouches out there.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2986&d=
Just say no to Blackhawk.. Made in Vietnam, or China... Factory manager was probably a VC, and probably goes to burn the American flag after work....

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stottman said:
higear said:
Dawg,

Right now the Blackhawk Strike Gen-4 Molle AK/M4 dbl mag. It doesn't meet all your or my criteria but there doesn't seem to be alot of choice in AK pouches out there.

Just say no to Blackhawk.. Made in Vietnam, or China... Factory manager was probably a VC, and probably goes to burn the American flag after work....
Sottman,

Please remove the obvious racial insults/slurs from my thread. If you don't like non-american made gear, fine. But your comments above are way out of line.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dieter122 said:
Dawg180 said:
Stottman said:
higear said:
Dawg,

Sottman,

Please remove the obvious racial insults/slurs from my thread. If you don't like non-american made gear, fine. But your comments above are way out of line.

Sottman is a mod :troll: :lol:
I am well aware of that, and as a Mod he should DEFINITELY know better than to say something like that.

And if he is going trash my thread with "buy U.S." and "Vietnam sucks" posting, at the very least he should give me an alternative U.S. made product that will meet my needs.

It is obvious that he was so busy jumping on the "it isn't made in USA" bandwagon that he didn't even bother to read that the poster he quoted was looking to get rid of the Blackhawk pouch and find a better pouch - a perfect opportunity to post a nice USA made pouch that meets the requirements.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dieter122 said:
cheapest option

Thanks Dieter, your a real class act, right up there with Sottman apparently. Good to know the post whores and trolls from AR15.com finally found there way here.

All I want is a fucking pouch to carry my mags so that when my ass is on the line I got the gear I need. Sorry that is so hard for everyone to grasp, and sorry for wasting everyone's time with a SERIOUS question. :mad:

·
Registered
848 Posts
If you cant find anything that fits your needs ,i have a friend that makes gear.He can make it how you want it .Hes on lightfighter he goes by frostee,i can get an email to if you need it....

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Dawg, relax. I understand how you are feeling. You are looking for info. You should get some answers not sarcasm. You did get a couple of guys trying to help.

Guys, if Dawg is looking for info and you don't have any to give, just pass on by :grin:.

Any more discussion of Blackhawk can happen in the gear forum.

G

·
The HSGI universal mag pouch is EXACTLY what you are looking for. They are the modular (molle/pals) version of the pouches on my Warlord chest rig. They will hold 2 30rd AK mags, or 3 30rd AR mags each. They come in single or double. They have a buckle and velcro closure. They have an adjustable elastic shock cord for extra retention. Mags are stacked, not side by side. Has molle webbing on the sides to attatch pistol mag pouches. They do have buckles on the flaps, but can easily be tucked in. There are no sides to the flaps. HSGI makes some of the finest tactical gear on the planet. http://www.skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=139

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for the helpful information. I am familiar with Frostees work and have actually been doing a lot of research on Roll-Your-Own gear to maybe build exactly what I am looking for.

I also had a generous offer from John Willis (The guy who founded SOE, i.e. makers of the "Hellcat' chest rig) to manufacture pouches for me in any color and conifguration I want.

I think no matter waht path i go I will be able to end up with what I need. :smile:

Dawg

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
Dawg180 said:
Dieter122 said:
Dawg180 said:
Stottman said:
higear said:
Dawg,

Sottman,

I am well aware of that, and as a Mod he should DEFINITELY know better than to say something like that.

And if he is going trash my thread with "buy U.S." and "Vietnam sucks" posting, at the very least he should give me an alternative U.S. made product that will meet my needs.

It is obvious that he was so busy jumping on the "it isn't made in USA" bandwagon that he didn't even bother to read that the poster he quoted was looking to get rid of the Blackhawk pouch and find a better pouch - a perfect opportunity to post a nice USA made pouch that meets the requirements.

I fail to see how I made a racial slur? Since when is VC (Vietcong) a racial slur?

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stottman said:
Dawg180 said:
Dieter122 said:
Dawg180 said:
Stottman said:
[quote="higear":xtw1utn0]Dawg,

Sottman,

I fail to see how I made a racial slur? Since when is VC (Vietcong) a racial slur?[/quote:xtw1utn0]

Hyperbole was probably closer to the proper term than racial slur, but in any event I don't think every person working in the Blackhawk factory is burning the American flag and so on. People typically work so they can support themselves and their family, and the guy making $3 a day over there to make Blackhawk pouches isn't all that different than the guy over here making $100+ a day to do the same thing. Some of the Vietnamese's money may go to support his government, but some of the money I spend on the American made pouches is also helping to support the gun-grabbing liberals who are in office.

In any case I would like to move past this. I understand the issue of purchasing goods made in America, and typically you get what you pay for. All I ask is that if you want me to do that, I need your help to find that American made gear that does the job.

Sven

aka Dawg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts