AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone that has an SKS-M (or is it SKS-D?) that has the detatchable mags AND the bayo lug and stripper clip section, tell me, how hard is it to load a 30 round mag with stripper clips while the mag is in the rifle?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
For anyone that has an SKS-M (or is it SKS-D?) that has the detatchable mags AND the bayo lug and stripper clip section, tell me, how hard is it to load a 30 round mag with stripper clips while the mag is in the rifle?
Pretty darn hard...since it won't work for dink .

The SKS "D"/"M" guns are not intended to load in this manner. You treat loading as you would with a AK.

Lollygagger :neutral:

BTW, if the gun has the lug and retains a stripper guide, it is the earlier "D" -the later "M" guns were sans such (and were carbines).

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know most have no stripper guide. I have seen some SKS rifles that do, however. These take AK mags and have the stripper guide. Have you ever used one in this configuration, to try the stripper clip style of loading?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Q-gunner2 said:
I know most have no stripper guide. I have seen some SKS rifles that do, however. These take AK mags and have the stripper guide. Have you ever used one in this configuration, to try the stripper clip style of loading?
The first version, the SKS so-called "D" has the stripper clip guide in the carrier...

But! The configuration has, by design, NO BOLT HOLD as a standard SKS does...

Meaning, it is hard to impossible to use. This is the way my "D" is.

FWIW, you can exchange carriers between all types of SKS weapons, if that matter to anyone.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lollygagger said:
Q-gunner2 said:
The first version, the SKS so-called "D" has the stripper clip guide in the carrier...

But! The configuration has, by design, NO BOLT HOLD as a standard SKS does...

Meaning, it is hard to impossible to use. This is the way my "D" is.

FWIW, you can exchange carriers between all types of SKS weapons, if that matter to anyone.

I know that you can switch carriers, but I don't want a mismatched gun. I am just saying that if you had a Yugo BHO mag or hell even held the bolt back to use strippers, is it easy or hard to press them into the mag?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts