AK Rifles banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a norinco SKS, new, not preban. I bought a pin on break and it blew off the first round, they sent me a replacement and again, one round and it was GONE. So they gave me a credit and I bought a twist lock break. it locks around the sight post and works fine. My question is dose this break have to be preminantly mounted?? I can weld it but do not want to if it is not required. if it matters I have done nouthing else to this gun no grip nouthing, just this break.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Pics would help determine what is causing a pinned on break to get blown off twice. That seems like that product is defective in some way or you didn't actually pin it properly.

A break that locks around the front sight post should not need any sort of permanent attachment since you say it is working. That sort of attachment is fairly sturdy. The old Mosin Bayonets were fixed with that method.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If it were mine, I’d run a 30 cal cleaning rod thru it while mounted to make sure it’s concentric to the bore.
And I’d have checked your previous muzzle devices for any signs of bullet strikes.

But as mentioned above, the ones that fit around the front sight post are usually solid, assuming it’s not junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts