AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one of those adapters made by MidWest or whoever that converts an SKS to take AK mags?

If ANYONE has one, could you please show me pictures and such of the gun dissasembled... I might be able to have a machineist I know cook some up, but he needs detailed pictures and the like.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It requires milling to the reciever of your SKS, enough that it would be daunting with a dremel. I suppose it could be done. You also need to add an AK style mag catch.

By the time you got about halfway done with it, it would be worth buying an AK. Buy another AK and forget about it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
obviously its your weapon to do with as you please but , but ,

i appreciate the SKS for what it is and what it is , is just fine the way it is with the original 10rd mag . utterly reliable - conserative of ammo but still fast shooting / fast reloading - a lighter ammo load without mags - more of a hunting/stalking weapon than the AK . its sweet .

why :twirl:

buy an AK if you want 30rd mags . i dont get it . sorry :sad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Back in the 70's you used to be able to buy a conversion kit, but after the "ban" they vanished, i bet they"ll start showing up again.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It isn't for me, I love my SKSs, my friend is making his Yugo "cooler" and wanted to have this change done to his gun.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I'd look into the legality of converting a Yugo to take AK mags before I did it.Those came in as C&Rs so the conversion MIGHT be illegal. I am sure that you would have to change enough parts to make it a "US made" weapon.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the 922(r) part covered for it... well, not yet, I told him what he needs and he found a source for it all but he hasn't gone through with it. If he did mod it to take AK mags, he would have to use US made mags to comply with 922(r) in addition to the other parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts