AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been a discussion between a few guys at work and i'm not quite clear on it myself. Yes I know this should only be done by a gunsmith but the question is, can a single be turned into a high cap simply by opening up the mag well or is there more involved?

·
Registered
512 Posts
redneck said:
Yes I know this should only be done by a gunsmith
Nonsense! It's not a particularly tough job. You only need to open the magwell up with a dremel or mill, add a feedramp if it's a Saiga, otherwise it will already be there, and then add US compliance parts. If you're not familiar with the whole 922r US compliance parts dance, do a little research on that first. Legally you have to change some parts in order to maintain legality with a high capacity mag.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Exothermia said:
redneck said:
Yes I know this should only be done by a gunsmith
Nonsense! It's not a particularly tough job. You only need to open the magwell up with a dremel or mill, add a feedramp if it's a Saiga, otherwise it will already be there, and then add US compliance parts. If you're not familiar with the whole 922r US compliance parts dance, do a little research on that first. Legally you have to change some parts in order to maintain legality with a high capacity mag.
Saigas don't need their magwells opened up.

Know your 922r.

·
Registered
57 Posts
some of the romanians 991-992 single stacks have thicker trunnion and need a serious dremel job or milling, those are sort of hard to do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These guys are talking about wasr 10's that they get from Dunhams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts