AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DPMS AK's appear to be of the single trigger hook variety. Is that potentially a problem? Myself, I like redundancy, so would like a double hook
system, but I am still learning about the AK platform.

·
Registered
AKM and AK-74 enthusiast
158 Posts
There is no advantage from one to the other. The AK-47 Type 3 was the last to use the double hook trigger, for only one reason: They needed to make room for the hammer retarder in the AKM. A double-hook trigger has a slightly rougher pull, just because of the larger contact area.

It's also important to note that not all receivers accept double-hook triggers. There is a clearance slot required for the sear hook in the bottom of the receiver. Note that this receiver is only machined for a single-hook trigger:
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
186 Posts
Traditionalists prefer the double hook but IMHO no real world difference.
My Zastava M90PS has a double hook and is the best AK trigger I’ve shot.
I also have RAK-1s on several of my AKs which is a double hook designed to work in AKs that came with single hooks. A fine trigger as well, and a good upgrade if your stock trigger isn’t what you want.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The DPMS AK's appear to be of the single trigger hook variety. Is that potentially a problem? Myself, I like redundancy, so would like a double hook
system, but I am still learning about the AK platform.
I have never seen or even heard of a trigger hook breaking. If one breaks, it's probably an inferior aftermarket part that you shouldn't have used to begin with. Double hook redundancy is mostly a theoretical thing IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts