AK Rifles banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The AMD-65s are unique AKMs. Fun to shoot, I think they are perhaps the ugliest AK ever made.

1463958_575456455854348_1220886963_n.jpg

A 100% Hungarian parts, post-sample, full auto built on an Original FEG Receiver. A limited number of semi receivers were imported. This is one of them converted to post sample.

487933_575457199187607_1385827664_n.jpg

All the original finish was left on the cut up kit. The receiver was matched to look like the rest of the rifle to give it an original appearance.

1451613_575457309187596_34460320_n.jpg

The semi auto below was made on a Nodak receiver. It has an original Hungarian 20 Round magazine. The AK Builder extended break was added to make the barrel length a legal 16 inches and still give it an authentic appearance.

537099_575459025854091_787851467_n.jpg

The '1' and infinity selector marks were added to look like the original.

1455874_575459635854030_317496973_n.jpg

Enjoy, Steve

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes you are right, they are about the worst looking AK variant. They do look a little better with their proper barrel length and the after market check riser makes it look a little more balanced.

·
Technical Advisor
16,054 Posts
I like the Hungarian AKM variants.:) Unique in looks that you can recognize. Good manufacture quality and operate like any other AKM.
I guess my thought on the "ugly ducklings" are the Egyptians Maadi. Other than the early imports they are pretty rough in fit, finish and quality., but I still like those too.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
If Satan himself walked into a room full of Ak's he would pick up the AMD65. I think its the most evil looking Ak out there.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I've seen the post-sample fired...what a flame thrower it is..
About the AMD65 muzzle device, am I the only one who's ever wondered how it ended up on issued guns?
I've often thought that they maybe didn't do much night testing before putting them into production, and once they saw the terrific muzzle blast they thought something along the lines of:
"Oh wow, that's a flamethrower! We should probably recall them, but it would be too expensive at this point, and besides that, the grunts love them for their confidence inspiring dragon-like quality." :pyro:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Ugly as sin but it worked for me.

I liked it so much back in the Hungarian army, I got one myself for here, SBRd.

Thinking of another one but the are accurate to boot in my book.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Ugly as sin but it worked for me.

I liked it so much back in the Hungarian army, I got one myself for here, SBRd.

Thinking of another one but the are accurate to boot in my book.
Cool Pic PRDUBI. Great builds Two River Arms.

I think the AMD looks fine. It was the first AK series weapon I ever bought as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I hindsight, I would have liked to have bought a truck load of the FEG/TGI guns that were available a couple years back instead of just the 1.
These have been low cost guns, and I think that has caused some to look upon them as low value, but I think they're absolutely terrific, and I certainly understand how they could be a point of pride for a native Hungarian. That FEG factory sure is a national treasure for them, and I wish we had something just like it stateside.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Im wanting to have one built as a Khyber pass with the triangle stock. Now that would be fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts