AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my saiga 12 ive been kicking around the shop for almost a year now. when i got it in a trade it was converted with the tromix bolt on trigger guard, had a quad rail hand guard and some other tromix accessories and then spray painted. finally in last two weeks ive have time to work on it, basically im converting it to a SGL12-08 configuration. enjoy!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks good, you did a good job with treating the welds

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
That looks great, I wish that I had skill with a welder

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, ill have some paint on her by sometime this week, ill update pics soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice! I'm trying to find a solution to remove some deep "electric pen" markings. I will be Parkerizing the Saiga, and my original idea to use silver solder will not park like steel. My thought is to weld the "scratch pad", but due to the size and depth of the area, I'm concerned about getting the receiver too hot....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can anyone go into detail concerning the removal of the import "match striker"? Also, how is everyone welding up the holes in the receiver? It seems like MIG would be best, but it creates the most heat, which worries me. Flux core is super dirty and splatters eveeywhere. TIG seems like the ideal method due to the lower heat.

AKForum, what say you?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mig will work fine, but you are right it will produce alot of heat, so when welding the hole's near the edge of the receiver if you are not careful it will pull edge of the receiver in. for the etched out importer markings you are talking about, personally i would just weld them up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts