AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up shooting about 200 rounds of this yesterday. It shot very well, however I have limited experience with 7.62x39. No experience with Silver Bear.

Silver Bear
Match
7.62x39
Zink Plated Case
8M1 "Effect"
124 gr.

I am assuming the L.C.B. on the side of the box stands for lead core bullet. Can someone tell me anything about the 8M1 "effect" bullet?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Tripwire25 said:
I ended up shooting about 200 rounds of this yesterday. It shot very well, however I have limited experience with 7.62x39. No experience with Silver Bear.

Silver Bear
Match
7.62x39
Zink Plated Case
8M1 "Effect"
124 gr.

I am assuming the L.C.B. on the side of the box stands for lead core bullet. Can someone tell me anything about the 8M1 "effect" bullet?

Thanks in advance.
It is a bit most costly than standard fodder -there is a question if it is worth the difference. Some report improved results, others report no improvement, It probably is a individual/gun specific observation.

In my shooting, it compares in ballistic drop & groups very similar to some of the chinese "PS" (steel core) ammo I have, this is felt to shoot well for a milspec ammo.

It is said to be the equivalent of a hollow point, and, is designed to give a similar "effect" on impact...it is hunting legal in some locations.

It has a flat base -the bottom of the lead core can be seen. The jacket is steel that iscopper washed. It, of course, looks a bit different with the "tit" on the end.

I had expected it to be alittle more to failures to feed because of it's design, that "tit" would appear to be prone to sang. But, I have had no problems to date.

That's my opine.

Lollygagger :smile:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Re. The "Effect" ammo compared as to hard penetration...

You might find this old test I did against a steel plate interesting:

Lollygagger :neutral:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts