AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I'm glad I procrastinated. I've been meaning to pick up a SIG556R, and the new model looks like a more or less "Patrol" model of the SIG556R, which should alleviate the purported nose heaviness of the weapon. The option for different barrel lengths is awesome too.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
"Like the MCX and MPX, the user can simply swap the barrel and the bolt, and it's ready to accept the appropriate magazine! And speaking of mags: the caliber-swapping variants will all accept AK mags, Stanag mags, and AR mags."

I think the author's probably incorrect or confused here. The multi-caliber model will probably take AR mags, AR mags, and 7.62x39 AR mags. Still neat though.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Bleh. I'll wait till it gets thoroughly rung out. Sigs have been huge failures lately. Why can't they just make Swiss Sigs?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Bleh. I'll wait till it gets thoroughly rung out. Sigs have been huge failures lately. Why can't they just make Swiss Sigs?
This really isn't close enough for you?

SIG551-A1

·
Registered
255 Posts
The US made ones just are not as nice as the Swiss made ones. I so wish they were. Will give these new models a look though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts