AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here goes..this is the sight mounted on my yugo

i used the windage side for all pics the elevation side is the same..please remember to keep the dials facing up as you take the knobs off as you will lose the little detent ball bearing. i lost mine today at the range but a guy with better eyes than me found it a couple feet away!! thanks fella....anyway with the windage dial facing up

pop the cap open

now the russians include a little tool to unscrew that set screw..its like a 2 prong thing and thats what i used initially to loosen it but i noticed a regular head screw driver works fine..( we don't want to be held captive by the russkies in having to use their tools!!)..once that is taken off set it aside

now carefully lift the dial off..you may have to use a screw driver to pry a bit..be carefull as this is where the detent ball bearing wants to jump out. if the ball bearing has moved in its circular groove no big deal..

once you have the big dial off and the ball bearing hasn't been lost, close the cap. with the cap closed you can't lose the ball bearing..repeat with the elevation dial and now your ready to sight it in..i used a little eyeglasses type screwdriver. you can find a set of them at any hardware store for like 5 bucks, usually in a bargain bin.. as you adjust you'll notice no clicks as you turn the screw..just a smooth motion..on my sight clockwise lowered the grouping and counter clockwise moved the groupings to the left. once your sighted in open the caps back up.(remember the ball bearing!!!) the ball bearing has probably moved around in its circular track..no big...just put it back in the posistion that lines up with the white dot on the scope body.put the big dial back on with the "0" aligned with the white dot..press it down a little..that seats the ball bearing..put your set screw back on and screw it down untill your screwing motion wants to turn the big dial..don't let the big dial turn!! hold it and lightly snug it down..ok all done..snap your cover caps into place and your good to go..if you want to make any field adjustments in elevation or windage just spin the big dials..when you want to go back to your original "0" set the big dials on "0".i sighted my rifle in at 50 yards because of what a guy posted on a AK forum. ( quote:According to my ballistics program, with your typical 122/123 grain FMJ and JHP, if you zero the dot at 50 yards, you are only 2" high at 100 yards, close to dead-on at 200 (0.6" high), and only 14.4" low at 300 yards, which is about my limit with an unmagnified optic and 7.62x39mm anyway.unquote)that seemed to make sense to me. now with 4 reticules to choose from i picked the chevron dot

only because it looks like Stargate SG1 type stuff..once zeroed i tried the other reticule patterns

they all hit about the same except the upper left one. that was the chevron by itself. it hit high. i aimed the top of the chevron at the bullseye but it hit like i was aiming the chevron/dot..they must not have adjusted the chevron higher..no big..won't be using it anyhow..i like the chevron/dot and the dot by itself pattern.. hope this helps someone out

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Is this 7.62? Check that 2 inches high at 100 and .6 inch high at 200 thing if you can. I've never been able to get the things to shoot that flat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts