AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own and shoot everything from .22 rimfire to Wby 300 mag. But nothing gives my cheekbone the pounding that my Khyber Pass folder 7.62 does. Anyone else have this happen? Considering a :shock: pad.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I bought one of those pads from Oleg..the pads used for grenade launchers..Its on their web site. It works like a dream and can't feel any recoil. I love it.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
brownstown said:
I bought one of those pads from Oleg..the pads used for grenade launchers..Its on their web site. It works like a dream and can't feel any recoil. I love it.
you dont happen to have a link by chance :smile:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I agree with xcibes. I used an underfolder in a two-day class with no problems.

Now, the Mosin-Nagant is a different kettle of fish.

M_P

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
modern_pirate said:
I agree with xcibes. I used an underfolder in a two-day class with no problems.

Now, the Mosin-Nagant is a different kettle of fish.

M_P
yeah those mosin side folders are a bitch :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'm convinced that the scenerio you are discribing is due to the bolt carrier impacting the rear trunnion. A few things can cuase this, but the main 3 are: assembled dimensions, recoil spring, and hot ammo. Shoot the rifle without having the side folder contact any objects, listen close for a ringing sound.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
um, I should add about the "ringing sound" comment, I'm not talking about ringing in your ears becuase of no hearing protection, I'm talking about the side folder turning into a tuning fork...

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
You might consider a new recoil spring. Sounds like the carrier is slamming into the trunnion too hard.

Had my Romy G based KP at the range this morning. I was impressed by how comfortable it was to shoot.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
I cracked a molar shooting an underfolder! damn!...that sucked!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Rotdorn said:
I cracked a molar shooting an underfolder! damn!...that sucked!
You're not supposed to shoot it while it's in your mouth. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Penguin said:
brownstown said:
you dont happen to have a link by chance :smile:
I don't know the link. But if you go to Rusmilitary and check their site you should find it..here is a pic of it below

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheekbone

The recoil isn't bad on the shoulder so I don't need a recoil pad. I think it may be my cheekweld position or something. I shoot left handed and the top portion of that folder pounds the crap out of my left cheekbone. I have a Romy wire folder on another rifle and I have no problems with it or any of my wood stocked rifles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts