AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have the picture from the tacked thread with the instructions on how to install the stock latch springs on a sidefolder I am building but the instructions seem much easier than the real deal. How do you get that huge spring compressed enough to fit inside the rear trunion. It just doesn't look possible. I've spent the last two hours trying to stuff that huge spring into the tiny space and it won't fit! I tried to cool off for a while and move to the front latch and same thing. I cant seem to bend the spring far back enough to fit the latch through the hole in the receiver. Any tips on how to do this with even half the cursing would be appreciated, especially by my neighbors who have young children who repeat everything they hear.
BuellRider

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Try this link for the rear spring....

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB2/viewto ... sc&start=0

For the front spring there is another trick in the same thread. The guy installed the spring from the front of the receiver without capturing the latch. He then ran a piece of string from the magwell, around the spring and back out the magwell. He then pulls on the string to get it down and around the latch.

I havent tried this method but it sounds like it would work.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know how I missed the link but thanks. Super easy. I used the coathanger method for the rear and the string for the front. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I saw the title and thought: OOO! I know how to do that!

Glad my thread helped. I'll have to try the coathanger technique for the rear next time.

·
Registered
741 Posts
BrotherJethro said:
I'll have to try the coathanger technique for the rear next time.
I'm not going to ask....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts