AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the side folder (triangler) be installed on a already completed solid stock?
i know the rear end trunnion wouldnt be to hard of a switch out and the cuts in recivever no problem, but that pinup front? would there be any access to get to the spring?????
thanks

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
can the side folder (triangler) be installed on a already completed solid stock?
i know the rear end trunnion wouldnt be to hard of a switch out and the cuts in recivever no problem, but that pinup front? would there be any access to get to the spring?????
thanks
Are you asking if you can get a fixed stock receiver and cut the appropriate holes?

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Yes, you can. There should be diagrams on here that give measurements of where to cut and drill. The stock latch assembly isn't too bad once you figure out the tricks. I just dropped everything it and got a small pair of pliers to push the spring behind the latch to get pressure on it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
i know the rear end trunnion wouldnt be to hard of a switch out
You might be underselling it a tad. Those rear lower rivets are kinda hard to set without specialized tooling.

But yes like was previously mentioned, it's been done many times. Post your results when you're done!

-Thirtycal

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
You'd have to send it off to a builder with a FFL, so that's a majority of the forum that can't. Problem with sending it to a business is most likely turn around time. Check the vendors on here and send them a email detailing the work, turn around time and pricing.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yup, and his work looks good in comparison to others - see for yourself:

Here's the key:

A: Mario Fraire (Piece of History Firearms)
B: Thirtycal AK-74M (Homebuilder)
C: K-Var (last batch)
D: Thirtycal AK-103 (Homebuilder)
E: Chris Butler (AK-USA)
F: Quentin Blevins (Iron Curtain Creations)
G: K-Var (first batch)
H: Ted Marshall (Marshall Firearms)
I: Daniel Estep (Estep Guns)

-Thirtycal

1 - 10 of 10 Posts