AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
542 Posts
Nice, and welcome postwise. :smile:
Always good to have people share pictures.
If you haven't read up on it since you joined, I'd replace the Tapcos when you get the chance though with some metal ones or actual Bulgarian Waffles with metal reinforcements or . The Tapcos are ok for range usage and they come through on their warranty work, but they lack reinforcements (and are rather ugly).

Edit to add:
I think it's nice when people post links to alternatives as to be clear, so these two are highly recommended, both actual military and good to go...

http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=32_34&products_id=1168

http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?cPath=32_34&products_id=304

· Banned
16,196 Posts
g8rzz187 said:
AKBLUE said:
Or a Yugo mag. But your 922r may be set up for the USA mags.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... cts_id/757
Nice firearms.

Thanks for the tips guys. What kind of probs do you run into with the Tapcos?
I do not own any. But unless you need them for 922r parts there are folks that report misfeeds with them if loaded to full capacity or lip deformation. They are not as durable as steel mags and about the same pice. Others report no issues so whatever you prefer I suppose.

· Registered
542 Posts
AKBLUE said:
I do not own any. But unless you need them for 922r parts there are folks that report misfeeds with them if loaded to full capacity or lip deformation. They are not as durable as steel mags and about the same pice. Others report no issues so whatever you prefer I suppose.
Yep, the upper part near the lugs may crack as well. Not that you plan to drop the rifle on a loaded magazine, but should that happen that is a weak point as well (as evidenced by the Arsenal drop test videos, check the magazine forum as well for a few pages, lots of stuff or search that forum specifically). Though as mentioned, they won't screw you over on the warranty, and as with most stuff on the internet, remember that it's normally the bad stuff that you hear about, not the mostly good stuff. But for the price (and watching 922r), why not go with something that's good looking and tough as nails?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
serialnumber00078 said:
AKBLUE said:
Yep, the upper part near the lugs may crack as well. Not that you plan to drop the rifle on a loaded magazine, but should that happen that is a weak point as well (as evidenced by the Arsenal drop test videos, check the magazine forum as well for a few pages, lots of stuff or search that forum specifically). Though as mentioned, they won't screw you over on the warranty, and as with most stuff on the internet, remember that it's normally the bad stuff that you hear about, not the mostly good stuff. But for the price (and watching 922r), why not go with something that's good looking and tough as nails?
Great info, thanks again guys for the heads-up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.