AK Rifles banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
You need to have a variety of options to choose from.
Good Footwear as LPC's are your primary mode of transportation. You need to walk with a purpose everyday, as your feet aren't used to a 10 mile plus walk everyday.
A bicycle is essential to move quietly and quickly. Old school Paper boy baskets are harder to find but a great option to have.
An off road motorcycle, would be a nice option.
I roll with a Toyota Tacoma with a bit of a lift kit, but no 4WD. I put a cap on the back so I can secure storage compartments of food and fuel.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Well, without much effort I found a bicycle. A Schwinn "Midway" essentially a big bike with normal big tires and plenty of room to work with.
Payday comes and I will get the Paperboy baskets.
I really just want to be able to carry 25 pounds of groceries in the baskets and still pedal around town a bit.

Ever see those pictures to the North Vietnamese pushing bicycles with a 200 lbs load of food and ammo. It can be done.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is obviously not one right answer to Opie's question. Everything is mission driven. I have a variety of ways to move, from plain old walking, to mountain bike 18 speed, small motorcycle, large motorcycle, dirt bike, small car, Toyota 4WD truck with camper shell. And not forgetting about water, also several small kayaks, a couple canoes, flat bottom rowboat.

Finally, I also have a small ultralight airlplane which I carry around in a trailer. Assembles fully flyable in about 2 hours, has about 2.5 hrs @ 40mph cruise speed. "It has cop shocks, cop brakes, cop suspension, and runs good on regular gas!" Small ultralight aircraft (Quicksilver MXL) is single seat but they make 2 seater versions, as well as many other makes & models of production ultralight aircraft. People usually don't think about airspace.

·
Registered
186 Posts
90's model Chevy K1500 with 5.7 Vortec. preferably with Reading truck bed or similar.
Ballsy enough when in a hurry or hauling light loads. Decent off road, pretty low profile.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts