AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
It's not the worst show I've ever seen, but I found it to be quite shallow information wise.

·
Registered
990 Posts
thanks i'll check it out

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it isn't a rude question, what the hell are "bullet shooters?"

It is a term I haven't encountered in almost sixty years of association with firearms.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maljunulo said:
If it isn't a rude question, what the hell are "bullet shooters?"
Not rude at all.

Webster's says:

Bullet Shooters - bul·let shoot-ers [bool-it shoo-terz] noun

1. any machine or mechanism that shoots a bullet.

Also know as: Gun, Rifle, pistol, handgun, Boom Stick

Sentence usage: The soldier stormed the beach with his bullet shooter.

Does that clear it up?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fifteen minutes into the show and I am plesantly surprised a positive depiction of guns and their impact on society. By the way the new avatar is tops! Thanks Ya Daddy. :dance:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ten Mile said:
Fifteen minutes into the show and I am plesantly surprised a positive depiction of guns and their impact on society.
Positive indeed, but I've counted 10 stupid things that he has said so far.

That avatar really stands out, don't it?

and you're welcome.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'm pleasantly surprised as well. I like the way the host is describing guns from politically neutral standpoint, but I'm kind of annoyed at the "half truths". Not all semi automatic rifles used a blow back system, there are more than 2 types of bullets (round nose, hollow point), etc. etc. Maybe I'm just being a boob. At least they're keeping it somewhat honest.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
i really really miss tales of the gun. this new shit sucks

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Yes, it does. All the shows that History "used" to air were a lot better than the new shit. They even had some...History content!

Who was the host of the gun show tonite? He was rather animated.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
surf99 said:
He was rather animated.
animated = goober (at least in his case)

The show was definitely geared towards the uninitiated, which we should all probably be thankful for.
As I was watching it I thought of my experience watching that 2 hour trick shooting show, that inspired me to start buying firearms.
Maybe this one had the same effect for someone out there and they can go broke too. A little positive media can go a long way.

Pretty disappointed in the program last night overall. "The Works" seems to be yet another dumbed down series.
A&E hired some new president of the history channel a while back that has been charged with increasing viewership.
That's how we lost Dogfights and got Ice Road Schmuckers.

Evidently, "History" ain't that entertainin'.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I slept through it except for the last 10 minutes.
New baby hasn't got her days and nights straight yet, so I grab a nap any time the wife and baby lets. :mrgreen:

I'm sure I'll catch the whole episode again at a later date.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Snoozed about half of it myself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I agree the show's primary audience was intended to be those unfamiliar with firearms. (not the typical boardmember here). I feel they did a good job overall of clarifying many of the misconceptions held by non-gun owners, by demonstrating the background check and legal issues to purchase a gun.

I also agree the technical side was very lacking for people who have more than a very basic knowledge of firearms. Personally I think the show was good in that it protrayed guns in a neutral light and not in a negative manner.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Yeah, it really sucks we lost "Dogfights". That show was awesome. This new one "Showdown-Air Combat" completely blows. Maybe I need to start an emailing campaign for the cool shows that used to be aired. I'm definitely going to throw in "Dogfights". Anybody in??

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Hell yes. But I send them some construtive critisism about every month.
The channel has gone to hell as I see it. Perhaps they are getting a bigger share like they are, but no one I have talked to likes it.

The Ice Road Truckers is asinine. They have a soap opera that is scripted
and dont even mention Mr. Dennison, the person who pionered the ice routes, and the concept. No wonder the mine featured last year would not let them film this year. They even thought is was stupid.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A group of us at the History channel's own forums, tried the email campaign thing already.

We (maybe) got them to finish airing the 2nd season of Dogfights, but "Shitdown: Air Combat" was our ultimate reward.

"Shitdown" is not a total loss. I can't say I have ever seen video of a Mig15 or an actual Zero tooling around the sky, not to mention with their allied counterparts in tow. That's a 5 minute show though.

These corporate TV retards, always chasing a trend, have nothing but "reality shows" on the brain.

That's what happens when money is your first concern. You always feel you have something to lose, if you don't use someone else's ideas.

Proud to say that this forum is not an example of the greed that is destroying our country. Only those who risk, should be rewarded.

·
Registered
978 Posts
yadaddy said:
A group of us at the History channel's own forums, tried the email campaign thing already.

We (maybe) got them to finish airing the 2nd season of Dogfights, but "Shitdown: Air Combat" was our ultimate reward.

"Shitdown" is not a total loss. I can't say I have ever seen video of a Mig15 or an actual Zero tooling around the sky, not to mention with their allied counterparts in tow. That's a 5 minute show though.

These corporate TV retards, always chasing a trend, have nothing but "reality shows" on the brain.

That's what happens when money is your first concern. You always feel you have something to lose, if you don't use someone else's ideas.

Proud to say that this forum is not an example of the greed that is destroying our country. Only those who risk, should be rewarded.
Negative-only those who produce should be rewarded. This may not be the time for my economic politics, but I am upset that dogfights has been cancelled. I really liked the show, but would not be angry with the History Channel executives for canning it due to poor ratings. Money IS and SHOULD BE the driving force for anyone in business. That's my short argument. No disrespect intended. :smile:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bthorn said:
That's my short argument. No disrespect intended.
None taken.

Only money, the driving force, really? I think that if you took a hard look at most successful enterprises you will find that money is only a piece of the equation and after a certain critical mass is reached, a pretty minor one. Rarely the only reason that the ball got rolling.
Do you think Bill Gates stayed at Microsoft as long as he did for a few more paychecks?

Adopting a profit only perspective, in business, ensures that someone with a better idea will always take your place.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts