·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been toying with selling my SER II Galil to fund one of these choices:

1) Springfield M1A
2) POF Piston AR
3) SIG 556

I would only sell or trade for one of the above items. It has the AR mag adapter and 7 Galil 35 round mags. I have not fired the weapon yet. I am really torn with what to do.

Experts please chime in! :grin:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
It's kind of funny, but after wanting a Galil for SOOO long, now having actually owned one, I'm thinking of getting rid of my SER II myself, it's just too damn heavy for what it is.

The M1A would be my choice. Although to be honest, I'm probably going to wait for the SCAR-L to come out and use my SERII to partially fund that.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I had an IMI Magnum research Galil ARM but sold it during the AWB! I liked mine but got greedy! I notice a lot of SER 2 Galil's for sale? Is there any problems with them? I didn't think mine was that heavy?

T

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a damn thing wrong with mine!!!! I actually love the design. I am just thinking of adding a different type of gun to the collection. Not even sure I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
id skip the POF. i love shooting 5.56 for the cheap reloadability, and good long range accuracy. buut.. i dunno... LMT has a piston upper coming out.
then there's the magpul masada...

or hte FN 2000 bullpup thing.

i dunno as far as expensive gas piston wonder rifles the POF just doesnt' do it for me.

i'd love a SIG 5.56 though the stock sights are trash. i guess you're supposed to slap an aimpoint on there anyway right?

then the M1A-definitely a classic. though someone will crucify me for saying this, i think it's kinda dated on the modern battlefield. the AK for example has aged much better.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
if i was going to get a gas piston upper i would get a LMT one

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
the masada has sorda lost its appeal to me. maybe when it finally comes out ill get the fever, but as it stands now i really like the evolution of the AR platform.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Just_Parker said:
the masada has sorda lost its appeal to me. maybe when it finally comes out ill get the fever, but as it stands now i really like the evolution of the AR platform.
part of me wants to build a ridiculous AR. Vltor VIS upper, noveske barrel etc (i guess i should actually just buy a noveske upper eh?)
but the masada is really cool. it does use AR trigger packs and barrels too, so there's actually quite a bit of room to repair/upgrade it.

i think if anything happens with teh m16 and the army at all it will just be more issuing of gas piston uppers.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
MrMilitaryPolice is looking to get one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts