AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some convincing here. Several months ago I ordered a Bose system with some points that I had accumulated. In a nutshell, it arrived damaged. I returned the item and was credited back the points. Today I come home and a new system is on my doorstep. Checked the balance of points and nothing was charged, so should I let this one ride or send it back. Never had this happen before, and I told the wife if we keep it, my tires might fall off on the way to work in the morning or some crap like that...
:peep:

44MAG

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Keep it. They sent it to you, and if they didn't charge you that's their mistake.

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
hmm... are they work points like incentives for not missing a day, safety, etc? if so, your company will be paying for it, and they will most likely catch the fact that you have xxxxx number of extra points... some guy took the points drivers threw out, and bought a 60 inch plasma... hes not allowed to use points any more needless to say.

i say keep it, but i wouldnt want to throw my karma balance off... then again, i wouldnt want to pay shipping back either.

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I would probably call and give them the opportunity to charge you the points. They may just say forget about it.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
You might get away with it, but if I kept it something bad would happen.

Do the right thing.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Happened to me kinda like that with an online purchase of a DVD player years back. Several months after we had gotten it, I asked my wife why I hadn't seen a bill for it. They never charged for it. So I called them up because I wanted to make sure my credit wasn't getting the double pumper because of several months of non payment. I was told they had no record of my purchase and enjoy the free DVD player.

Every dog has his day....

Lump

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Remember Karma..She's a bitch

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had a very similar thing happen a few months ago. I had racked up a few points on the Amex card so I cashed them in for a new grill (cooking kind, not teeth). Grill arrived, I opened the box and there was a huge dent in the lid. Called Amex, they said they would send someone to pick it up and points would be credited. It was picked up the next day and that was that. A week later a new one arrives so I called Amex. They said they had billed the damaged one to the shipping company and this one was "gesture of goodwill" and hoped I would continue enjoy my Amex benifits. Too bad I can't buy ammo with Amex points. :twisted:

·
Registered
978 Posts
Give them a call and inform them of the mistake. Maybe they'll take your points. Maybe not. Either way it is up to you to give them a chance to correct their mistake now that you KNOW you have not been "charged". Remember, no matter how wealthy the person on the other side of the transaction is, you should always treat them how you would wanted to be treated.
I've found wallets full of cash belonging to people I didn't even know at times when I was unbelievably broke, but I returned them untouched. I've been charged for goods I purchased and asked the clerk to check the price because the final cost was less than the sticker price. I'm not trying to blow my own horn, but I have learned (the hard way) that karma IS a bitch, regardless of value, wealth, or lack thereof. JMO

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Let them know about it.
Honesty will get you more in return than keeping it or selling it.
Do the right thing.

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Lumpy said:
Happened to me kinda like that with an online purchase of a DVD player years back. Several months after we had gotten it, I asked my wife why I hadn't seen a bill for it. They never charged for it. So I called them up because I wanted to make sure my credit wasn't getting the double pumper because of several months of non payment. I was told they had no record of my purchase and enjoy the free DVD player.

Every dog has his day....

Lump
Same thing happened to me last Christmas on a painting I bought for my wife! After 2 months of not seeing the charge I called the store to ask if it could take this long to post? They said no and that I must have bought it somewhere else because they have no record of it! Im thinking kickass! Bonus!! I am sure it didn't hurt there bottom line profit! And I gave them a chance to fix it! Sometimes its just luck! Think of it as a good thing not a bad one!

T :smile:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
if i were you i would let them know. For me the self righteous ego boost is more valuable than the monetary value of the object.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I also was just thinking about how when paypal and ebay first got started I was screwed out of $3000.00 for a Gateway Laptop I bought! And I also sold a lot of gold jewelery that an Ex GF had given me to some cocksucker in Canada that said that I never sent it to them! It was total bullshit and Paypal gave them back there money and they got almost $500.00 in Gold to boot! I figure some things just have a way of working out in the wash! I have always been honest and hard working and at the time these fucks that ripped me off really put me in a financial bind! Think of it as Karma for all the times you have been screwed! KEEP IT and enjoy my friend! Maybe its just good fortune for bad shit that has happened to you in the past! :wink:

Troy :smile:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'de keep it they screwed it up to start with and its not your problem someone isnt doing they're job right. How many times have retailers or companies try to rip you off? I think its balances everything out... :smile:

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
I'd give them a call and try to make it right. If they put you on hold and transfer you around a bunch of times, then that's about as hard as I would try. Sometimes they have more to worry about than some guy who accidentaly got shipped a stereo, but at least you tried and you'll feel better about the whole thing.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Rule #1 of shady dealings is "You do not talk about shady dealings"

Rule #2 of shady dealings is "You DO NOT talk about shady dealings"

Ask yourself WWJD? Then do the opposite if the victim happens to be an evil Credit Card/Oil and Gas/Walmart type corporation. I say fuck'em, cause that's what they would do to you. :cool:

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Keep it...........You did your part in returning it. They goofed up in sending another to you, sounds like sloppy bookkeeping on their part. There is no reason to notify them.
I say............ENJOY A FREE WHAT EVER!! :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts