AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 6 7.62x39 rifles and no 5.45. I've never even shot a 5.45.

for about a 1000 bucks I can get a saiga and a few thousand rounds of ammo.

·
Registered
22,636 Posts
get it

·
Registered
664 Posts
I was in the same situation.I only have one other caliber besides the x39,for handgun.So,I started to collect a couple 5.45's.
What I like about it,is the milder recoil.I got some really good prices on N/C ammo during the holidays.Rifle prices seem to have leveled off.And now there is plenty of corrosive ammo around at good prices.
Downside,mag prices suck.Although there are some bargains out there if you stumble upon them.
I say go for it.

·
Banned
950 Posts
It has milder recoil because it's so weak. The round was designed to annoy the enemy- not kill them. It also eats barrels and causes birth defects. Honestly, avoid that caliber- especially any surplus you see for sale.

Recap; weak, annoying, eats barrels, retarded kids.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It has milder recoil because it's so weak. The round was designed to annoy the enemy- not kill them. It also eats barrels and causes birth defects. Honestly, avoid that caliber- especially any surplus you see for sale.

hahaha

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I have heard that it is the official caliber of the local gardening club.

Reactions: AK1776UNION

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
I find it hard to believe that you have been a member of this forum since 2010 and don't have a 74 yet. After all, it is a ak.

All joking aside, half of me says no you shouldn't get it as that's one more person buying 7n6. The other half says that you will probably like it more than 7.62.

So yeah, go for it.

·
Registered
238 Posts

For every 1000 rounds of 5.45 ammo you buy., you save enough to buy 2 AK74 mags.
After reading 7n6's post, and reading the first half of yours, I thought it was going to end in "God kills a kitten" or something like that.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
For every 1000 rounds of 5.45 ammo you buy., you save enough to buy 2 AK74 mags.
Than again, for every two AK74 mags one buys he could have picked up 5 ak47 mags. Everything is a trade off.

74= expencive rifles, dirt cheap ammo, expencive magazines
47= cheap(er) rifles, expencive ammo, cheap magazines

Choose your poison...

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
No stay out of it, there's enough people already buying my stuff before I have a chance to.. ;)

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I'm into ak's in 7.62x39, 223 and 5.34x39...fer a while I thought about getting out of 223 and 5.45 and going with only 7.62 but I didn't and I'm glad I didn't...I luv them all but my favorite is 5.45x39...definitely get in...:smileak:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts