AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a glock 21 in a pouch in front of my seat, but want something to keep behind the seat in my single cab...thinking I'm going to have to make a velcro mount to fit over the head rest and let the firearm dangle behind.

I can't decide if I want my saiga12 or one of my AK's behind the seat...

Any suggestions?

· Banned
2,405 Posts
Have gun will travel:

G26 in Kingston:

C9 in Seat Buddy:

AK under the back seat:

I should add a 12 gauge I suppose since I will be have to slay some birds when hunting season opens in a couple more months.

· Banned
2,405 Posts
kaiservontexas said:
Blackblade, I keep wondering how you strapped that Kingston to the seat.
Pretty straight forward. The strap wraps around the seat and clips together, Then it is adjusted into position and cinched tight.

· Registered
1,942 Posts
Black Blade said:
kaiservontexas said:
Blackblade, I keep wondering how you strapped that Kingston to the seat.
Pretty straight forward. The strap wraps around the seat and clips together, Then it is adjusted into position and cinched tight.
awww now I see. I have my moments. Thanks.

· Registered
1,892 Posts
I'll base the following on a defensive stance only. (If you want to hunt birds, carry a shotgun. I've never been driving and had a situation that I "had" to hunt :grin: ) No disrespect Black Blade. :beer:

I vote AK.
1. You will be in a vehicle when you have it, making it more likely that you will be around other vehicles if a situation that you would need it would occur. Rifle rounds will go through vehicles a lot better than shotgun or handgun rounds if need be. (I'm not saying the others won't) Also remember bullets go both ways. Vehicles are not cover, only concealment. Get to cover.
2. More ammo.
3. With a folding stock, it can be compact and fit just about anywhere.
4. A long gun is a force multiplier. It's easier to wield and make accurate shots.

Now before someone jumps my ass for saying its better because rifle rounds go through cars better, I'm stating my opinion, and also assuming the shooter has a sense of responsibility to surrounding people in their vehicles and is aware of his targets background etc... etc....

I advise everyone to get some training. Befriend a lawyer who knows your state and national gun rights and who has had previous firearm related cases, and who also likes to shoot. Also know that the media, sheeple and jury will see your AK 47 baby killing machine as a tool used by terrorist and evil people the world over. It's your lawyers job to convince them otherwise and your job to be without a doubt in the right. Having professional training under your belt also looks good. Ask your trainer if ever needed, would he/she be willing to go to court to attest to the training you received. His/Her reaction will tell you volumes. I'd also advise hashing out some scenarios with your lawyer to gage his/her response, and if you are less then satisfied, thank him/her and move on. This is nothing to half ass and is very important that you know the full ramifications of your actions.
Good Luck!

· Registered
1,318 Posts
anything with rifling, a folding stock and a small batch of subsonics...

22lr, akms, whatever.

had a shotgun for a while but tasty things like goats and pigs and turkey are hit neater and from farthur away with a rifled bullet...

· Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
I'm going to have to say AK........but only because the run of the mill Trunk Shotgun will be a pump-action, not an auto. So if you find yourself driving and get into a situation with a running firefight, it's best to have thirty rounds ready at the squeeze of the trigger vs having to pump each round.

Make sense or am I way off the scenario here ??

· Registered
1,942 Posts
I am gonna side with the AK in the trunk. Though how I would get this in every emergency is beyond me. I just watched this insane movie about some kid that decided the problem is too many people. he did the Hollywood shootout thing with regards to wearing body armor, bombed the police station knocking them out, and then roamed around the small town killing as many people as possible. I just went yep my handgun would be useless. I know it is just a movie, but some nut is gonna see it and try to copy. Well I fear somebody might decide to spree like that, and the Hollywood shootout was sort of like that scenario and it was a real shootout! I carry a handgun because I thought that would be enough until watching that movie. So, yeah, toss an AK in there.

BTW movie is called Rampage filmed in 2009.

· Registered
60 Posts
Krinkfreak said:
I'm going to have to say AK........but only because the run of the mill Trunk Shotgun will be a pump-action, not an auto. So if you find yourself driving and get into a situation with a running firefight, it's best to have thirty rounds ready at the squeeze of the trigger vs having to pump each round.

Make sense or am I way off the scenario here ??

KF, IMO your firing pin just hit the primer dead on!!! :allright: :animak:

· Registered
3,581 Posts
Definatly an AK with a folder or fixed stock, it has all the things everyone already stated, I just had throw in my agreement, I leave one in my vehicle most of the time, and put in another one when I go out..plus I carry a Glock 26 and a Makarov sometimes in addition ( just because I like the Makarov )....always better to have more then enough then the other alternative......

· Registered
1,871 Posts
if you want to case something up i would say an underfolder in a chinese drop case, its a lot more compact then a bigger foam line case and has velcro side. plus you can keep your gun scratch free with a mag in it and the gun locked cocked and ready to rock :animak:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.