AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time shooting the RPK platform. The extra weight really does make a difference in the recoil (not that there is much on a reg. AK), I compared it to shooting a .22. Other than the weight, shooting it offhand was easy and I could keep it on target with fairly rapid fire.

But where it really shined was when the bipod was deployed and shooting from prone !! The rifle barely moved and would consistantly hammer the target in about the same spot. My buddy was equally amazed at the lack of recoil (he was shooting a Yugo U/F). He commented that when I was shooting it off the bipod the rifle just rocked back and forth a bit and that was it. All things considered I'm pretty happy with the AES-10B after all the century bugs were worked out. :grin:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i finallyt got mine to the range last week.i have to agree with you,for $400 its a nice rifle.only thing i did to mine was swap the bipod and put in a g2.i didn't even need to adjust the sights.i tried hiting the gong @ 300 yards,but that 7.62x39 doesn't like those long shots.i hit it 4 times out of 20 shots.

·
Registered
333 Posts
RPK/AES10B

Have shot mine a bit too. Polished trigger group and knocked off a few burrs in mag well. Yes,recoil is very light. Others who have shot it made same comment. Easy to control rapid fire. Was able to keep 21 out of 26 rounds in black at 300 yards,old type 5V target. Really wish I'd bought two when Century had the scratch and dent sale @ $319 plus ship !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try shooting without the bipod from a sandbag rest on the front handguard. Mine went from 3 inches at 50 yards to nearly under an inch without the bipod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts