AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he're's a compelation vid from my range trip on monday.it was a great but crazy hot day.this was my 13 year old nephew's first time shooting and my brother in laws first trip to a range sice basic in 96.thats me with my boy shooting the rpk.i want to add music yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Poor Mr. smiley face. Oh well, better luck next time. :grin: Looks like everone had fun. Also good comparison of the recoil difference between 7.62x39 and your 5.45 rifle.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Good, thanks for posting it. The youngin's look like they have the hang of things loud and dangerous. The RPK looks like it recoils straight back with no muzzle rise. Is that what it does?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Looks like your kids had fun. My little one has been asking me to shoot my tantal for a while now. I let him help me clean it after range sessions but don't know when it's appropriate for him to give it a whirl. My wife has already promised me a conniption fit when/if it happens. :neutral: Thoughts?

·
Registered
446 Posts
bthorn said:
Looks like your kids had fun. My little one has been asking me to shoot my tantal for a while now. I let him help me clean it after range sessions but don't know when it's appropriate for him to give it a whirl. My wife has already promised me a conniption fit when/if it happens. :neutral: Thoughts?
never to young to learn. gun dosn't have much recoil. get him earplugs and muffs so the muzzle blast don't scare him. give him the apporiate saftey training and get that boy some trigger time. :grin:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fullautotogo said:
never to young to learn. gun dosn't have much recoil. get him earplugs and muffs so the muzzle blast don't scare him. give him the apporiate saftey training and get that boy some trigger time. :grin:

+1 on that.my son turned 4 in june and this is his third time out.i grew up around my dad's hunting rifles and shotguns and never hurt myself or anyone else.its the kids that you keep in the dark about guns,that end up doing harm.my son was curious,so i took him.he knows all the safety rules and was even telling his 13year old cousin"guns are not toys-they can be dangerous."he can't stop talking about shooting"the big ak".no muzzle rise to speak of on the rpk.just that rock back and forth.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Man I really want an RPK right now! I am thinking of throwing a Romy and Yugo on Layaway! :razz: Nice video!

T :smile:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i love my romy.i wish i had the $$$ to get another to put a sidefolder on.i've heard good things about the yugo,but i'm poor and had to go for the least expensive one.my son also shot my friends walther p22.he did great,except he didn't like a hot casing to the neck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts