AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
what was the point of that? he killed a kid? hes supposed to be the bad guy? kids got a gun pointed at him...

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I would've prefered to see a pupateering(sp?) rendition of MC Hammer's "cant touch this."

·
Registered
990 Posts
interesting. but the kid would have been shot right after the chick was shot if that was me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
catsailer40 said:
what was the point of that? he killed a kid? hes supposed to be the bad guy? kids got a gun pointed at him...
I dont think they're trying to make him the bad guy, you can tell he didn't want to but he did what he had to do as a soldier. One of the comments under the video puts it best, "War is Hell".

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
run n gun said:
catsailer40 said:
I dont think they're trying to make him the bad guy, you can tell he didn't want to but he did what he had to do as a soldier. One of the comments under the video puts it best, "War is Hell".
+1

I feel that this film is really trying to portray the violent extremes of behavior that modern warfare can drive us to. The man is not wrong to shoot the child, what is wrong is that the characters are ever put in this situation to begin with.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Seeing things like this remind me why we fought the krauts in saving private ryan.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Read some of the comments and watch the video again. It is a cautionary tale. European Union is the danger that little dance is a diversion. Some Europeans dont like the Idea of the EU any more than some of us like the idea of the UN Notice the EU emblem on the soilders and on the back of the puppet the director of the film obviousley went to lengths to show these symbols.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Similar debates came from the war in 'Nam. He's a child, yes, but he's got a lethal killing machine in his hands. Innocence lost perhaps, but he is in fact the enemy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
armakraut said:
Seeing things like this remind me why we fought the krauts in saving private ryan.

There was a different reason in that movie than real life????

I love people that equate movies about fictious charecters with real life. Makes me proud to be an American...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When I watched it, due to the EU patch on the soldiers arm, I expected some touchy-feely resolution. I expect that had I been there, my response would have been to shoot the kid. I was surprised when he actually did. I hadn't thought about the symbolism of the puppet, or the irony of it all. Very cool. That why I threw it up here for discussion, to get different insights on it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
tough_guy said:
armakraut said:

I love people that equate movies about fictious charecters with real life. Makes me proud to be an American...
Using horribly inaccurate 3rd party information from people who were never there in an effort to form solid opinions is what made this country great. :lol:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Horrible room clearing technique... nothing more to discuss

·
Registered
182 Posts
armakraut said:
tough_guy said:
armakraut said:

Using horribly inaccurate 3rd party information from people who were never there in an effort to form solid opinions is what made this country great. :lol:
What? I'm sorry, I was busy tuning you out. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
tough_guy said:
armakraut said:
[quote="tough_guy":2cszuz9k]
armakraut said:

What? I'm sorry, I was busy tuning you out. :twisted:[/quote:2cszuz9k]

Hmm, this is a thread about opinions, and now my opinion is that you may be a dick.
Could you tune that out?:twisted:

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
No harm intended. Just a little horsing around.

On a serious note...

You do find a lot of Europeans who don't share the nazi-esque "united europe" politics to be at all appealing, particularly in the UK. However, just like over here, there is no shortage of Europeans that vote against their self interests in an effort to appease people who don't like them anyway. I don't think this video was particularly anti-EU, just some sort an opinion against what they view as a new form of "colonialism".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts