AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help here on what I have to do to short barrel a Saiga 12...what type of paper work and fees do I have to go through...I have a living revocable trust in place...thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
shotgun=aow (i think)

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
to make a shotgun that has the barrel length of less then 18 inches, it's called a SHORT BARREL SHOTGUN (SBS).

You register it on the FORM 1, you just put SBS in the TYPE OF WEAPON box. and if you do it on a trust, then you just need to send 2 FORM 1s, a COPY of your trust declaration along with the exhibit/schedule, DO NOT SEND THE ORIGINAL TRUST, and form 5330.20 - Certificate of Compliance With 18 U.S.C. 922(g)(5)(B) (US citizen form), and 200 bucks. mail it all off to the NFA branch in W.Va, address is on top of the top of the form 1, and that's it

you can get the FORM 1s and form 5330-20 from the ATF pubs center.

http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

I would order 20 ea of the forms. SBRs are kinda addictive, so if you have a hankering for a SBR later on, you will already have the forms.

You already paid for that service of printing them up and postage, by way of taxes, so why not utlilize it and get the froms mailed to your house,? takes less then a week for delivery after you submitt the request

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys...your input is really appreciated...plan on sbr'ing my 107cr into a 104 and sbr'ing the s12 into the ultimate home defense gun :grin:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just_Parker said:
shotgun=aow (i think)
NO. A shotgun that has EVER had a stock cannot be made into an AOW.

Also, I want to mention that SBSing a gas-operated gun is not as simple as cutting off the barrel. You may inadvertantly make a single-shot gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts