AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Previously, I've had requests to hook up with other members in my state to go out and squeeze of a few. But, none of them can get that I'm a bit reserved about getting together with a stranger off the Internet to go shooting. For this I appologize please excuse and understand my aloofness. I've had some people get sincerely angry with me.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I can somewhat understand your reluctance seeing as things are in our society these days. I to have experienced some trepidation in meetups when I have sold items on the local armslist. Hey I am meeting a stranger to exchange guns/parts for money....no to far a stretch of the imagination to see how that could possibly go bad....

Anyhow I figured hey I had one gun they should assume I am packing another one if things go froggy....all things have gone well and I assume some of the people meeting up with me experienced some of the same fears.

Bottom line is if they are members on the forum with a decent post history and you meet up in a public place prior to hitting the boonies I say go for it. Get their name and contact info and inform friends family who and where you are meeting for your own peace of mind and as added insurance should something occur. Chances of anything untoward occurring are miniscule.

If you go around worrying about every potential bad thing that may occur in life you will never leave the front porch.

There also is no reason for anybody to take your reluctance to meet as a personal slight and get mad over it...heck chill out people, offer to get together at a public range...work out something it's not that big a thing...

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Jbird206 said:
Previously, I've had requests to hook up with other members in my state to go out and squeeze of a few. But, none of them can get that I'm a bit reserved about getting together with a stranger off the Internet to go shooting. For this I appologize please excuse and understand my aloofness. I've had some people get sincerely angry with me.
If someone is sincerely angry with you because you won't hang out and shoot with them, you probably made the right choice.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
l4mbr3tt4 said:
Jbird206 said:
If someone is sincerely angry with you because you won't hang out and shoot with them, you probably made the right choice.
This. Creep. Stay away.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
Use common sense and your gut. If you're not comfortable with having someone over to your home...then don't go to the range with them (especially an unestablished shooting area like in the National Forest.)

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I've met a few guys on here and the ones I've gone shooting with have ended up being buddies :) That was my experience.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
So is there a page 2 to this or is it just showing up for me?!?

Anyway, Ive met a few peeps from here, had a good time. Do you go to a public range or any range where there are people? Same differance...to me. Years ago when I was really into gaming (COD) I ended up making some friend from across the pond (Holland and Sweden). In 08 I went to Holland and in 2010 to Sweden. Best time I ever had. Although the gaming thing is over we all still remain friends and keep in touch via txt a few times a month.

·
Banned
950 Posts
AK guys are a different breed. That being said, we don't like outsiders to much and trust is earned. AR guys are a bunch of lemmings and enjoy bragging about what kind of stuff they have. Maybe try hanging out with them instead.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
If you're paranoid or hermit, I guess that's your own business. This thread makes me think of that Kinks song.

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
AK guys are a different breed. That being said, we don't like outsiders to much and trust is earned. AR guys are a bunch of lemmings and enjoy bragging about what kind of stuff they have. Maybe try hanging out with them instead.
Enough with trying to stir the shit. You've done this repeatedly in the past and I haven't said a word. This is an AK centric forum, but most guys here own AR's and many other weapon platforms. If you honestly believe a person acts different depending on what firearm they own...I don't know what to say other than grow up.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
For what it's worth, I had easily the greatest range trip with two guys on here over the summer. I had to drive a very long distance to north central PA, but it was well worth the hike. I got to shoot suppressors, SBRs, a variety of AKs, and got to pick up my Krink one of the guys there had built. Great guys, great time. They took "it's about the Kalashnikov, not the $$$" to heart and didn't charge me a penny for all the ammo we sent downrange.

Personally, I'm not at all apprehensive about meeting people on the forum who have a solid reputation within the community and are very active members. I've done a few FTF transactions on a PA gun forum before though, and when they weren't really well known people, I always met them in a public place and brought a friend along.

Ever since then, I've been hoping to plan out an AKForum Pennsylvania (and anyone else who feels like driving) shoot... hopefully someday.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,893 Posts
For what it's worth, I had easily the greatest range trip with two guys on here over the summer. I had to drive a very long distance to north central PA, but it was well worth the hike. I got to shoot suppressors, SBRs, a variety of AKs, and got to pick up my Krink one of the guys there had built. Great guys, great time. They took "it's about the Kalashnikov, not the $$$" to heart and didn't charge me a penny for all the ammo we sent downrange.

Personally, I'm not at all apprehensive about meeting people on the forum who have a solid reputation within the community and are very active members. I've done a few FTF transactions on a PA gun forum before though, and when they weren't really well known people, I always met them in a public place and brought a friend along.

Ever since then, I've been hoping to plan out an AKForum Pennsylvania (and anyone else who feels like driving) shoot... hopefully someday.
Check out the Mason/Dixon shoot out there near Windber. Lots of FAL and AK guys and a few MG's usually. They hold it twice a year and it's a great group of guys!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Check out the Mason/Dixon shoot out there near Windber. Lots of FAL and AK guys and a few MG's usually. They hold it twice a year and it's a great group of guys!
Thanks alot for the tip, I can't believe I never heard about it! Wouldn't even have to bother with the ATF about transporting NFA shit across state lines.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts