AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share some pics from a fun weekend (8-2-2008). A group of us went up to my friend’s property in N. GA. We camped in the field Friday night and then did some shooting the next day.

We had some shooting newbies with us on the trip. There was a father and his two boys (14 and 20yrs). They have had little exposure to firearms, but were very excited to do some shooting. We brought a wide variety of firearms, but I think the highlight was shooting the AK rifles. All the AK rifles are mine and I was more than happy to let them get some trigger time! We also did some skeet shooting. Everybody had a good time with the skeet. It was an absolute blast!

Here are the AK rifles I brought: (From Top) IN Range Bulgy 5.45 Krink, Arsenal 5.45 SLR105, IN Range SERIII 7.62 Kyber Pass, IN Range 7.62 Yugo Krink, IN Range SERII 5.56 Galil:
:twisted:

Some more toys:

One of the guys brought this 22-250. It was very nice and very accurate! Lots of fun to shoot!

Here’s our targets:

And, of course, the War Poodle was there for some trigger time too. :wink:

Shooting an AK rifle for first time:

This is my best friend and this is his property we are shooting at. That is his crossbow. No loud bang, but still fun to shoot. :wink:

Even my wife was there to participate in the fun! :grin:

The only thing that might have competed with shooting the AK’s for most fun activity was the skeet shooting. I had not done skeet for several years. I forgot how much I enjoyed it!

Me with the crossbow:

Me with the 22-250:

Me with my brand new SERIII Kyber Pass rifle:

Everyone followed the safety rules and we all had a good time blasting!

:dance:

·
Registered
226 Posts
looks like alot of fun, nice spread of hardware. cleaning all those guns must have taken a week :shock:

·
Registered
784 Posts
great guns, man I wish i could of purchased on of those SERIII KB; looks like yall had a great time.

......But were is the M1a :grin: everyone NEEDS one

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Nice I got a white "War Poodle" too. She would make a fine moving target, if I didnt keep her safe in the car.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
great pics man!!! and a nice collection you have for yourself...

it is always a good thing to get people into shooting.....so, when are the new forum members joining :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
One major problem with this. I don't see one milsurp. It's not a proper shootout without a milsurp.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
grayparatrooper said:
skrilla said:
nice pics! i would hate to clean all those weapons!
People clean ak's? I had no idea :lol: ..
Anything shooting 5.45x39 mil-surp better be cleaned or it'll get a shitty, rusty, bore.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Stazi said:
grayparatrooper said:
skrilla said:
nice pics! i would hate to clean all those weapons!
People clean ak's? I had no idea :lol: ..
Anything shooting 5.45x39 mil-surp better be cleaned or it'll get a shitty, rusty, bore.

So far I haven't cleaned anything. :eek: :grin:

I was shooting corrosive ammo through the two AK74's, but each one got 20 rounds of non-corrosive at the end. As a test, I am just keeping an eye on them to see if any rust starts forming. All good so far. :cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice collection, looks like fun time....

Nice Sport Trac as well.... I am quite fond of mine! Makes going to the range quite comfy.

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
War Pooooooodle!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts