AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is it in 7.62? I've shot one in the little calibers but not the big dog. I have a NIW EG one. I was thing of putting it on a WASR and keeping it in the truck. Since it will be in the trcuk it will get shot alot. I can run by the range most any day,10 minutes away.

I don't want to open the package if it is a pain to shoot.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Personally I don't like the folder on a 7.62 gun..Like you said it's not bad with a 223 or 5.45 round, but you better have her tucked in good with the 7.62 or the cheek sting will set in..Plus that sucker gets cold in the winter..

ETA:But the upside is it's handiness..It just store so well it's worth the draw backs to some..Put it on and just see, it may not bother you at all..

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
It takes a little getting used to,but after a couple hundred rounds I hardly notice its there.IMHO,its well worth the slight dis-comfort to be able to pack it in an M60 bbl bag and tuck it under the seat.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Back in the dark days of the AWB I had one on a pre-ban Chinese AKS and it wasn't bad.

I'd say about on par with an AKM underfolder.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Anymore,thats my standard load when I have to go to the post office. :grin:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JOHNO said:
I hear that JOHNO, any body know what weapon was used in the latest shooting?

BTW JOHNO you must live in a tough neighborhood, at least 2 smoke grenades, to sheath knifes and 100 rnds at the ready!

Thanks for the guys, I think that I will try it. I should get a Romy to go on the SAR1 though, keep it a faithful clone.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
Its always better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it,I have pissed one or two People off over the years. :grin:

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Fireman said:
JOHNO said:

BTW JOHNO you must live in a tough neighborhood, at least 2 smoke grenades, to sheath knifes and 100 rnds at the ready!

Thanks for the guys, I think that I will try it. I should get a Romy to go on the SAR1 though, keep it a faithful clone.
How much do you want for the East German stock?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Templar said:
Fireman said:
JOHNO said:

How much do you want for the East German stock?
I'll shoot you an IM.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Take it to the market place guy's, I'm fair but strict...Dont make me have to use my button on ya!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
I see Jicky got his Moderator tag! :grin:

·
Registered
18 Posts
A peice of rubber gas line hose slit lengthwise and slipped over the arm helps alot with the cheek sting. Slips right back off if you want to look original. Wont work on a EG stock though because the EG fits up to tight to the side when folded.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Firemam I prefer the EG hands down. The only dislike I have with the Romy is I sliced the hell out of my thumb twice :evil: BUT after you get hit twice you dont forget! I just like the easyness of the lever compared to the button.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts