AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped the crappy arsenal fcg for a tapco g2 unit (liked it on my m70) and cant get the F***** crook back in to save my life. I am almost done, I just cant get the hammer pin to catch the crook.

I HAVE NO IDEA where to post this but I need help ASAP.

I have searched but all the links people post are long dead.

Ugh its such a simple part thats impossible to install. :mad:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but that doesnt help at all since pics are dead on the pages they show how to actually get the crook in.

Plus they dont show the arsenal crook... Im not sure what to do. I have the crook on the pins but its not hooked around the trigger pin. It hooks around the trigger pin, and goes under the hammer pin. It has about 1/2 an inch to go and I have no idea other than pushing on it with punches to push it in, but its not moving.
:punch: (crook vs me)
 

· Banned
Joined
·
16,199 Posts
shepherds crook 1 you 0 :dance:

Install as in the pivc but you start the crook hook side up and slide the tail under the trigger axis pin and start to move it to the rear of the receiver. As the hooked send gets near the hammer axis pin you rotate it 180 degrees and against the side of the receiver and pull the tail end to lock it into the channel in the hammer axis pin.

But the retainer plate is fairly simple thiough it takes a few tries as well. Good Luck.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AKBLUE said:
shepherds crook 1 you 0 :dance:

Install as in the pivc but you start the crook hook side up and slide the tail under the trigger axis pin and start to move it to the rear of the receiver. As the hooked send gets near the hammer axis pin you rotate it 180 degrees and against the side of the receiver and pull the tail end to lock it into the channel in the hammer axis pin.

But the retainer plate is fairly simple thiough it takes a few tries as well. Good Luck.
What picture are you referring to? Im throughly confused.... so I stick it in through the magwell upside down and slide it back then twist it around and somehow hook it around the trigger pin which is what I cant seem to do right now.

Edit: ok well I got it... finally had to use my stubby flat head screwdriver and place the muzzle on the ground, then use both hands and pull with what little strength I have and snap that piece of crap into place. Its bent a little side to side where I was forcing it in so ill still replace it with a plate. UGh why not just sell them with plates instead of the paper clips?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,318 Posts
i dunno if what i use is a crook, but on my last conversion for a saiga, I cut off part of what holds the hammer and trigger pin in place(on the stock saiga) to look like a candy cane(shepards crook i guess) and put it through the magwell, over the hammer pin and under the trigger and the round part clips to the center support. use piano wire or whatever u find dirt cheap...

oh and what holds it in place at the center support is that the round is makes an almost complete circle. so i can easily pop it over the center support bushing and remover at ease using pliers to pull on it...
 

· Banned
Joined
·
16,199 Posts
BLindeye_03 said:
AKBLUE said:
shepherds crook 1 you 0 :dance:

Install as in the pivc but you start the crook hook side up and slide the tail under the trigger axis pin and start to move it to the rear of the receiver. As the hooked send gets near the hammer axis pin you rotate it 180 degrees and against the side of the receiver and pull the tail end to lock it into the channel in the hammer axis pin.

But the retainer plate is fairly simple thiough it takes a few tries as well. Good Luck.
What picture are you referring to? Im throughly confused.... so I stick it in through the magwell upside down and slide it back then twist it around and somehow hook it around the trigger pin which is what I cant seem to do right now.

Edit: ok well I got it... finally had to use my stubby flat head screwdriver and place the muzzle on the ground, then use both hands and pull with what little strength I have and snap that piece of crap into place. Its bent a little side to side where I was forcing it in so ill still replace it with a plate. UGh why not just sell them with plates instead of the paper clips?

The shepherd hook is designed initially for a three pin FA action. It is not hard to install once you understand how it goes in place. Thou it is in a confined space and the hammer spring can gwet in the way art times.
The pictures were in the link I originally sent. It de,omstrated the configuration of the shepherd hook on the axis pins.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AKBLUE said:
BLindeye_03 said:
AKBLUE said:
shepherds crook 1 you 0 :dance:

Install as in the pivc but you start the crook hook side up and slide the tail under the trigger axis pin and start to move it to the rear of the receiver. As the hooked send gets near the hammer axis pin you rotate it 180 degrees and against the side of the receiver and pull the tail end to lock it into the channel in the hammer axis pin.

But the retainer plate is fairly simple thiough it takes a few tries as well. Good Luck.
What picture are you referring to? Im throughly confused.... so I stick it in through the magwell upside down and slide it back then twist it around and somehow hook it around the trigger pin which is what I cant seem to do right now.

Edit: ok well I got it... finally had to use my stubby flat head screwdriver and place the muzzle on the ground, then use both hands and pull with what little strength I have and snap that piece of crap into place. Its bent a little side to side where I was forcing it in so ill still replace it with a plate. UGh why not just sell them with plates instead of the paper clips?

The shepherd hook is designed initially for a three pin FA action. It is not hard to install once you understand how it goes in place. Thou it is in a confined space and the hammer spring can gwet in the way art times.
The pictures were in the link I originally sent. It de,omstrated the configuration of the shepherd hook on the axis pins.
Oh ok that makes more sense, I thought there was some trick to putting it back in but it was pretty straight forward. It looped around the trigger pin, and under the hammer pin. Just had to use brute force with a flathead screwdriver pushing it on.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top