AK Rifles banner

Shell extractor....huh?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  BlackScot 
#1 ·
I picked up a shell extractor for my akms a few years ago and still haven't used it. Then I got to thinking........how does one use a shell extractor? Is the extractor placed in the magazine while cycling the action? Not that I expect Wolf ammo steel case to leave anything behind in the chamber(not in about 6000 rounds now) , what is the procedure for using an extractor?

#2 ·
Hope I don't mess this up. Place into chamber. turn end to flare it out to catch the lip of the half stuck. then close bolt/carrier over the end. The extractor should lock over the end. It's shaped like a case anyhow. It should hold and snatched and shell should come out. Im tired. Hope you understand. I have seen it happen on several occasions. Normally it was reloaded ammo. Bad reloaded ammo .... But I have seen it happen on Wolf 7.62 FMJ. I couldn't tell you if it was a chamber issue or ammo. But it does and can happen to any weapon. Cheers WarDawg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.