AK Rifles banner
1241 - 1260 of 1276 Posts

· Registered
749 Posts
Thanks, ScottyB for liking my post. One thing I just realized is my bottle has signatures in the throat of the bottle below the cork. Not showing in the pics on the site. Can't quite read them but one looks like Keb MO. Kind of like proof marks we look for on rifle kits. I should have posted a pic of the back label also. But I guess the site says it all.
John Prine was a huge influence in my life. Any idiot that can play three or four chords on a git fiddle can play his songs. And we did at campfires, parties, and alone in the room. I was lucky enough to see him perform many times. I remember him and Bonnie Raitt at Wolftrap when he was drunk and broke guitar strings and still played. Another was when his new album came out and he was playing an electric guitar, a Strat. We were like, WTF. That was a free spring fling show outside at American University with the New Riders of the Purple Sage. '74 maybe. Not trying to hijack the thread but I loved this man and saw him on a few shit faced Fridays, I'm sure.

Edit: I just remembered one of my fondest memories is when John played late in his life at Wolftrap Ampitheater with the Seldom Scene, a local DC based bluegrass band. I took my father just before he died, and John did his song Paradise. Fuck me to tears. There wasn't a dry eye in the place. Dad, with his tats and some random Harley shirt, sang one of his old favorite songs. That was good stuff.

· Registered
749 Posts
Thats. Well. One of the best. Sean Rowe got it Goin' on. Great stuff. Black '52 Vincent and a red headed girl. Damn.
Had a red headed girl on my '48 panhead until she went a died on me. I'd rather have her still with me instead of the bike.
But we can't choose. Can we? She ran her 80 something little shit box car into a tree on a shit faced Sunday. Fuck me.
Good music brother. Thanks

· Registered
8,991 Posts
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Glass bottle Fluid

Tableware Drinkware Stemware Barware Beer glass

Last of the few surviving Kreik beers i made back in 2015 when i first started getting into sours.

Re organized some of my cellar stores and brought up a few bottles to sacrifice.

Heres to those who did not make it to sun down on Dec 7 1941.

1241 - 1260 of 1276 Posts