AK Rifles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Troy's at it again. Just got my sgl-31 back fresh from conversion at Inrange. Weather wouldn't cooperate so here's some indoor shots.

· Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: SGL-3105

Newaza said:
That's nice. What kind of gas block did you use?
It's the only thing non-russian (except 922 parts) had to go with bulgy due to the fact that the Russian ones have become unobtanium.

· Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Blanco_Diablo said:
How much?
I don't even want to add it all up

BLindeye_03 said:
Looks good but why not cut the barrel and weld the brake on there? Or is that what you did and I cant see that..?
I was a little worried about shooting corrosive out of it and not being able to clean between the end of the barrel and the brake. I figured this would make cleaning much easier.

· Registered
1,556 Posts
Jeb027 said:
Blanco_Diablo said:
How much?

[quote="BLindeye_03":7gj563ts]Looks good but why not cut the barrel and weld the brake on there? Or is that what you did and I cant see that..?
I was a little worried about shooting corrosive out of it and not being able to clean between the end of the barrel and the brake. I figured this would make cleaning much easier.[/quote:7gj563ts]

Very nice!

So that brake on the front isn't really a brake then? It's just acting as a cosmetic shroud, right? In other words, the gas ports on top of the brake are not actually active I presume.

I like it :)

Thirtycal

· Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thirtycal said:
Jeb027 said:
Blanco_Diablo said:
How much?

[quote="BLindeye_03":svbhua2i]Looks good but why not cut the barrel and weld the brake on there? Or is that what you did and I cant see that..?
I was a little worried about shooting corrosive out of it and not being able to clean between the end of the barrel and the brake. I figured this would make cleaning much easier.
Very nice!

So that brake on the front isn't really a brake then? It's just acting as a cosmetic shroud, right? In other words, the gas ports on top of the brake are not actually active I presume.

I like it :)

Thirtycal[/quote:svbhua2i]
Yes sir you are correct.

· Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Had to trade a guy one of my other rarities for the fsb

· Registered
2,091 Posts
If you are looking for the fsb/gb combo you will have to bite the bullet and get the whole barrel assembly from k-var. You will be using everything but the barrel, which you can sell to make back some of the cost of the parts.

I am doing the same conversion right now. I am using the bulgarian rear sight because it appears to have the correct ramp for the shorter barrel length. I also did not have a handguard retainer so that came in handy because as usual k-var is out.

· Registered
28 Posts
looks like k-var is out of the barrel assemblies. :(
what is the russian seller out of the UK who sells a bunch of century series parts?

edit: oops sorry i found it.
i'm looking to do a conversion from a saiga as well, so i dont really need the rear sight block or anything like that
just the front sight combo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.