AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a genuine Russian AK-47 tool and gauge kit from a fellow in Russia about a month ago. It finally arrived today!!

Unissued and made in 1952 in it's original wooden case. The big tool is a precision sight tool. The kit also includes head space gauges.

It can also be used on the SKS carbine as well as the RPD...

I'm guessing this was made before the RPK came out, so it's not listed too.

Some pics!!

Translated info.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Looks like some badass tools. Curious how much better that sight adjustment tool gets you dialed in compared to the normal sight tools. Also curious as to how they use some of those other calipers/tools. Not sure what the significance is of what some of them tell you, but it all looks nice.

·
Technical Advisor
15,453 Posts
Sweet looking high quality looking tool set.
More sophisticated looking than the AK47 itself. :)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I have a East German set minus the large front sight tool. I had the above set once but traded it for something I needed. I also have a set of headspace gages that are East German

Reactions: MPiKM-72

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The set was pretty inexpensive. $185 including shipping...

What was amazing was the set was made in 1952 and was still new unissued... Makes me wonder just how many tens of thousands of these sets were made???

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like some badass tools. Curious how much better that sight adjustment tool gets you dialed in compared to the normal sight tools. Also curious as to how they use some of those other calipers/tools. Not sure what the significance is of what some of them tell you, but it all looks nice.

Firing pin protrusion and extractor gap tools. Also for what I think is throat erosion.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
I bought AK74 gauges from the what is likely the same source. I trust Russian gauges more than a reverse engineered US copy.

I always wanted the East German version of this set. I could never seem to have the coin when the set came up for sale. Best time was on a hunting trip in Robert Lee, TX. A German range owner had a set. I was so strapped from NFA purchases I could not afford the $150 asking price. I was so, so close. Then when I had the coin I tried to contact him - he fell off the map.

Feast or famine.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought AK74 gauges from the what is likely the same source. I trust Russian gauges more than a reverse engineered US copy.

I always wanted the East German version of this set. I could never seem to have the coin when the set came up for sale. Best time was on a hunting trip in Robert Lee, TX. A German range owner had a set. I was so strapped from NFA purchases I could not afford the $150 asking price. I was so, so close. Then when I had the coin I tried to contact him - he fell off the map.

Feast or famine.

I'd like a set of AK-74 gauges too!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome! If anyone else has the same set, please let me know.

I got them from a guy who sells on Gunboards.com

His user name there is assistant802

As I said above the cost including shipping was $185. It appears he has more available.

·
Technical Advisor
15,453 Posts
I ordered an Armorers kit in March

With all the COVID19 shut downs and no flights out of Russia it took 10 weeks to finally get delivered.
Great piece of AK47 history.

Looks just like the one pictured above and dated 1952.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I'm a 1952 model also, but that tool kit is in a hell of alot better shape. My only excuse was I was taken out and played with ALOT! LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts