AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn that's nice. So are you guys open in the new space? Accepting work?

ETA: What are the three barrel lengths on those?
Thanks, we have not yet moved and are continuing to assemble customer builds. Construction inside the new building continues with completion very soon, hopefully.
Barrel lengths shown are;

·
Registered
Krinkov
972 Posts
Very nice work.

Can you do a Yugoslavian M92 SBR conversion using a Bulgarian 4.5mm side folder if I supply everything? It’s a new bulged 1.5 mm version.

best regards and please stay safe,
COCONUTS in Missouri

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think I see mine! Great how y'all kept the original finish to the extent possible. The receiver looks great.

·
Vendor
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I see mine! Great how y'all kept the original finish to the extent possible. The receiver looks great.
Bret, yours is in the picture and it performed great at the test fire today.

To those wanting to purchase, all of these belong to members and to others outside of the AKForum communtiy

The receivers are Childers blanks that Two Rivers made into the M21 receivers. There is a great amount of time invloved
to reproduce the smallest detail for an accurate copy of the originals working with sections from original receivers.

The barrels were the same and recreated by using original cut pieces and matching them together in order to make an
exact pattern for cutting the new barrel blanks.

I looked over the Federal brass cases after the test fire and there was very little, if any, damage to the cases.
A reloaders dream

There are not any plans to build any more at this time, We are still swamped with complete builds and trying to keep our store
stocked up with AK's has been impossible with the high demand.

Our new location is still under interior construction and will be for another several weeks before we can begin moving lathes
and mills. The finishing and hot bluing area will be the last section moved requiring several more weeks of set up.

Thank you to everyone for your patience, we hope to begin receiving parts kits for builds and gunsmiting jobs in the very near future.
The AK Forum will be the first to know when this takes place.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I have the full length kit, but I should have bought a shortie.

·
Registered
558 Posts
How did i miss those beauties, when, where how much were the kits available? How did you get Childers to do the receivers? Or TRA made them?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Bowman Arms sold the kits in the $1,300 to $1,400 range. They had a couple of different batches. TRA had the barrels custom turned and made the receivers from flats including the added embossing above the left side selector.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts