AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out my local dealer has a Sako TRG-42 in 338LM. I have a TRG-22 in .308 and love the rifle. They have the best stock trigger on the market right now. Should I sell my SAM-7SF, which I baby anyhow since they're so nice, and put the TRG on layaway? What do yall think. I don't shoot it hardly ever. Advice?

CMS

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Nope. Don't do it. You've got a limited production AK there. (I'm sure you know that already). Save up for the Sako.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
338 LM cost more to shoot than 50 BMG. If you get the 338 LM, buy an AI. You've already got a Sako 308 don't you?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Robpiat said:
Hell no. Bolt action rifles are not an endangered species.
I beg to differ, good sir.

The brady bunch put out a short essay titled "The Tragic Proliferation of Sniper Rifles" in which they discussed the horribly shocking lethality of the incredibly overpowered .30-30 caliber.

They won't be happy until they've got ALL of them.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Sell a SAM-7SF?! No way... the TRG's are NICE, but not nice enough to sell an SF. Plus, you already have a 22 in .308.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
You will soon realize what I did after building a .300 RUM. The damn rifle is to heavy for any real use and in all honesty when are you going to ever shoot out to 1000 meters and beyond anyway? Get a Remington 700 in .30-06 or 7mm mag with a hunting contour barrel- you can easily take game out to 700 yards. Then keep your AK's well fed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts