AK Rifles banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, new to the forum. I just finished, or I guess mostly finished, my first build. I'm having trouble getting my selector installed.

I can get it through the keyhole side no problem, but every time I get it to sit in the smaller hole on the other side, it comes right out as soon as I move the selector at all. I tried making the keyhole side a bit bigger with a file, but that hasn't helped much with getting it to sit straight in the hole properly. It's just making the selector more loose on the keyhole side.

I'm using a childersguns blank and the selector that came with my romanian parts kit. I can add some pictures tonight when I get home. Any advice is appreciated. This is my final step

·
Registered
325 Posts
You don't need any other parts to hold the selector in place. Don't file any further, the selector locks into the keyhole on the right side. Once rotated into place it should not come out, are you not able to rotate it into position ?

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
The selector itself may be bent inwards excessively?
Causing it to want to pull out as soon as you start rotating it.
Check for that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your replies. The selector was bent inward too far like Mr Nobody said. I used a clamp to make sure the selector went inside the small hole on the other side of the receiver. With the clamp still on I was able to rotate it into place without it popping out. It was just very tight fit.

Everything is working great now. Now my only problem is deciding what to make on my second build. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts