AK Rifles banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my build back from the shop and was informed that since I was using a pre hardened reciever (NDS), the builder was unable to do the selector indents and markings.

Does this make sense? What kind of tools would I need to this myself or can it be done at all?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Some people don't have the tools required or skillset to engrave the hardened recievers but it is done all the time by others....you need a different shop.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hardened or not - you can electro-etch yourself with a D.D. template. Takes about......15mins? What markings are you trying to get done?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hk1123 said:
Hardened or not - you can electro-etch yourself with a D.D. template. Takes about......15mins? What markings are you trying to get done?
Need to do the selector notches and the lettering...its for a Romy G.

I'll look into the electro-etch since I would prefer to do it myself.

I've heard about synweap223 who apparently has tons of templates and will explain the process, going to contact him.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BadBrad said:
Some people don't have the tools required or skillset to engrave the hardened recievers but it is done all the time by others....you need a different shop.
Do you know what kind of tools would be required?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Panzer said:
Orion-Arms can do markings for you, and cut notches. However if you have a dremel you can cut them yourself. Not that hard to do, just practice on a scrap piece.
I'll check them out...the notches don't seem like a big deal, it's the lettering that I would think would be harder than cutting the notches

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Orion is a bit pricey, but good work. I had a small hiccup with them but it was my fault for assuming something instead of asking. It I remember correctly, it's 45 dollars for markings, 15 for notches and 15 return postage and insurance. I'm going to be sending them another receiver soon to get the SBR engraving.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not bad pricing considering what I've been quoted by another shop...really appreciate the info, what kind of SBR are you building?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts