AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I won't be surprised if this has been covered about a million times, but I got bored at work and I was wondering the following:
If I sign up for Selective services, do I become a part of a "well regulated militia"?
Meh, back to work...

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Take your right hand (or left), and feel between your legs.

If you've got a pair, you're in the "well-regulated militia."

Nuff Said. :grin:

(Sorry for being a smart-ass, but I've been waiting to say that one for YEARS.) :twisted:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Take your right hand (or left), and feel between your legs.

If you've got a pair, you're in the "well-regulated militia."

Nuff Said.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's some true but funny stuff right there.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm glad I came along and gave you the opportunity :dance:

I was kinda heading towards the 2A, but now I found a new hobby!! :lol:

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I can’t speak for other States obviously (though I suspect their laws are similar), but under Ohio law, everyone – unless they’re either really young or really old, or otherwise ineligible – is part of the State militia. The only real distinction is whether they’re part of the ‘organized’ or ‘unorganized’ militia (Trust me…it’s often hard to tell the difference.). Most people don’t realize this of course, but they could in fact be called up if things got bad enough. I shutter to imagine what kind of disaster would invoke such a call up, but there you go.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm, so what you are saying is that I'm (or you) part of a state militia? So, does that give me the right to keep and bear arms per either argument on the 2A? The obvious argument being it is a individual one (my beleif obviously), but if it was argued the 2A is for state militias, wouldn't selective sevices qualify me as well since I signed up for selective services?

·
Banned
1,547 Posts
lwikeyl said:
hmmm, so what you are saying is that I'm (or you) part of a state militia? So, does that give me the right to keep and bear arms per either argument on the 2A? The obvious argument being it is a individual one (my beleif obviously), but if it was argued the 2A is for state militias, wouldn't selective sevices qualify me as well since I signed up for selective services?
are you being serious? unless you have been under a rock for the last 2 months, the supreme court has already ruled owning a gun is an individual right. the militia crap the anti's tried is a null and void argument.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
lwikeyl said:
Have you paid any attention to current events lately? Google Heller v. DC.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, yes I have been paying close attention to the Heller case (I was in Europe when the ruling came down, I drove my wife crazy trying to find internet to see what happened on Thursday) and understand we now have the right as an individual to own firearms, but I was thinking more along the lines of getting some NFA rights back, but oh well, moving on now...

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
lwikeyl said:
...I was thinking more along the lines of getting some NFA rights back...

I'm guessing this won't happen in our lifetime.

It would take a miracle even more spectacular than the Heller ruling itself.

·
Banned
636 Posts
I thought registering for the draft, aka selective service, was a requirement when men turned 18. They made all the male seniors that were 18 in my high school register and they did it in the library. I wasn't 17 so I didn't register in high school, but I was already in the delayed entry program as I had enlisted in the Navy. Didn't think I had to register since I already volunteered for service, but I was wrong and they tried to actually bust me for it, but nothing happened. I guess the dipshits finally realized that since I VOLUNTEERED for service, why in the hell would I not register? Is it different today as I graduated in 1987?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts