AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the building world of AK's and want to start building them since they are getting very expensive now. I paid $640 for my WASR 13 months ago after tax and paper work. I live in Illinois and worst of all in cook county, most gunshops within a 60 miles radius have a significant markup on AK's. I love building things and I would love to start building guns, AK's and 1911's especially. I love underfolders the most and have been looking at parts kits. So far the Polish kit keeps catching my eye. I was wondering what you guys would suggest. I am on a budget of about $800-$1000. I dont plan on rushing the process of building it, even if it takes me months, i want to get it right and have a great AK in the end Also, what online store should i get an Underfolder kit from, who has the best deal/quality underfolder kits. Or would i just be better off buying an underfolder done from a gun store? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
944 Posts
Check on AK Files - I've seen a few nice Polish underfolder kits there - some even have their original barrels....well worth spending a couple extra dollars for. There was also a virgin Romanian barrel (original East European, hard chrome lined, cold hammer forged - it doesn't get any better than that) listed for sale there for $200.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts