AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but I want to. Sure, ammo and mags are way were costly than they used to be. But, I REALLY want a Tantal, and probably a Bulgy '74. I really hope Magpul does a '74 mag. That would make things less painful. 7n6 seems like has went up about a hundred bucks a tin since the last time I checked. Oh well, I had other priorities at the time.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'd just give it a little time. I was worried that I got into them too late but I find stuff here and there. This forum is really great and I had some guys go out of their way to help me here with 5.45. I can't promise you anything but I would be glad to help where I can. A little advice would be to come up with specific questions. SGAmmo had some Golden Tiger 5.45x39 ammo not too long ago.

Cheers

Josh

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
jagdpanzer said:
I'am pretty well set in 7.62 AK''s. Care to elaborate?
Prices on all went up. No more cheap WASRs or $600 Arsenals, or cheap parts kits with ORIGINAL barrels. Barrels sell for a what the whole kit used to go for. No more $5 surplus x39 mags or $10 5.45 E. German backelite. No more $130 tins or 5.45 or $175 crates of Yugo 7.62x39.

WASRs are now in the $600 range
Arsenals in the $1000 range
5.45 Barrels $200 +
Surplus 7.62 mags are close to $20ea
5.45 mage hover around $40
5.45 tins are $220 + shipping unless you get lucky and find one localy for cheaper
Yugo crates go for $400 +/-
Some parts kits are close to $1000 and avg around $400

Yea Wolf and Tula 7.62 are still around $6/box in my area. GT 5.45 has made a comeback at pretty good prices

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well as it would seem I got started in the 5.45x39 game on the late side judging by the looks of things. I managed to get an SGL31 for $850 (if memory serves correct) a few years back when AIM had them. Also I went ahead and got 11 30rnd Bulgarian surplus mags for like $15 a peice. I also snagged a case of ammo at that time for a really good deal as well. Now the prices have jumped nearly over night on the 5.45x39, hopefully its just for the sake of low supply at this moment.

If some WASR 2's would start coming in again for under the $600 mark that would be a decent deal to get started rifle wise. Hell I'm kicking myself for not snagging one as a beater gun back when they were under $300.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts