AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,586 Posts
Making law abiding gun owners cough up extra money to help pay for criminal behavior was all I got from this.

This will do nothing to curb crime and might make it worse with ammo and gun thefts...OH, and there's a damn fine for that too.

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which Political Party has an ironclad grip on the Emerald City to do this stuff ?
Really doesn't matter. Seattle is a lost cause and has been since the early 90s.

Yes, TRAAKs is correct. It will do nothing for violence. It's all about taking more $$$ from the taxpayers.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If we could make Seattle a "Gun Free Zone", then it can become a peaceful city like Chicago or Detroit. Who needs guns and ammo when you have a large police department who can care for you. ;)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Didn't I read the tax is in violation of existing State law but the city council is proceeding anyway?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Yep...definitely reduce crime! I can see it now. Perp walks in to buy a box of ammo at $30 and all of a sudden he's hit with a $1.05 tax. BAAM!!! His mind is blown...he wasn't prepared to spend an extra dollar. Perp leaves empty handed and a mas shooting was prevented. All thanks to the 5 cent tax!!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
The shop owners within the city limits are suing the City as there is exiting laws stating that no gun control measures may be adopted within any municipality within Washington State. As the City itself touted this as a "measure taken by the council to curb gun violence and fund gun violence prevention campaigns" I see this as a short lived experiment. Honestly, when was the last time anyone in this state bought a firearm within the Seattle City limits anyways?

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The shop owners within the city limits are suing the City as there is exiting laws stating that no gun control measures may be adopted within any municipality within Washington State. As the City itself touted this as a "measure taken by the council to curb gun violence and fund gun violence prevention campaigns" I see this as a short lived experiment. Honestly, when was the last time anyone in this state bought a firearm within the Seattle City limits anyways?
Good point Deutscher. Our side is already in the mitts on fighting this so that is good. Hopefully they get it reversed but it being Seattle, I just dont know. A liberal city seems to go by their own set of rules almost like outlaws do. Imagine that.... ;)

VietIraqvet, there was a fight not long ago about state tax being a violation of the 2A when it comes to buying firearms. I don't know where it's currently at but I know nothing has passed yet. If it did then I would notice the money saved at the FFL whenever I buy or transfer.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
If it sticks, which I have my doubts about at this point, it will just drive smaller businesses to pick up and change location. Nobody with any sort of common sense is going to buy from a Seattle dealer when they can drive an extra 5 minutes and buy outside of the city. The whole thing is an underhanded attempt to get the small gun stores out of the city. There are so few left at this point it really will be a crushing blow.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if just for once the state arrested the city people who came up with this nonsense for violating state law, and prosecuted them? Let them find out what it is like to be a criminal by spending time with them for violations of state laws!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Which Political Party has an ironclad grip on the Emerald City to do this stuff ?
The twin sibling of the Republican Party.

They could raise far more money by levying a stupidity tax on every person
who pushes for anti-gun legislation.

I truly wish we had a "Swiss" approach, i.e. every sane, able bodied person would have to train with and keep firearms as a type of civic duty. The people who don't have their own opinions on guns at the moment would be able to have their own opinions. And such a thing would heavily frustrate anti-gun politicians, including fake left liberals (the more cunning, even nastier variant of the Republican Party).

·
Premium Member
13,586 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If it sticks, which I have my doubts about at this point, it will just drive smaller businesses to pick up and change location. Nobody with any sort of common sense is going to buy from a Seattle dealer when they can drive an extra 5 minutes and buy outside of the city. The whole thing is an underhanded attempt to get the small gun stores out of the city. There are so few left at this point it really will be a crushing blow.
Great point! I wonder what the impact has been on businesses in Seattle after they raised the minimum wage close to $10 per hour. I know it has to have a impact on smaller businesses.

I image alot of people in the Seattle area (except criminals) will be buying ammo online.

·
Super Moderator
26,634 Posts
Hopefully this will not pass, but if it does, it will hurt the small Ma and Pa gun store. People will just buy their firearms outside of the city limits now. The whole deal about reporting stolen firearms is nothing less than backdoor registration.

Reactions: 22many

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
"Violence tax" my aching ass. Clumsily wrap it in pretty words to make it look better, but it's still a turd in Christmas paper and it reeks just as bad.

How about the Coffee, cream (dairy and non dairy) and sugar (real and fake) tax? Just call it "health" tax and everyone should stupidly fall in line, right? It's to fight obesity because suuugarrrrrr and caffeine are the eeeeeeeeneeeeeeemyyyyyyyyyy. Oh wait no because Shittattle is a mecca of latte-sipping, iPad-staring asshats.

Big government is a cancer that feeds on money. The more people are made to bleed money over "good intentions", the bigger it gets and the hungrier it gets. Eventually it'll stab it's roots into things that will effect more people..and by that time the easier treatment options won't work.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts